Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I don't know how many minutes Q played and couldn't see the game.
    But if your point guard is 2-10, and 1-4 from the line, that's got to be a concern.
    Of greater concern (for a PG) is 1 Assist and 2 Turnovers.
    Exactly, it's more than justified to criticize that line from Quentin. Not out of line at all. He's playing much better defense, but that's an atrocious line. He will have a tough time keeping kyky off the court if that continues

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    4-0 against the murderer's row of IUPUI, Ohio, Georgetown and Butler. Are you really going to lean on that? Not to mention X had absolutely no business winning the Georgetown and (especially) Butler games - if you want to credit that to Q being out, more power to you.

They were also 2-0 without Naji (including a win over an actual NCAA Tournament team in St. John's) and 1-0 without Tyrique. See how dumb this exercise is?
    Georgetown and Butler were two of our biggest wins in the first half of last year.

Didn't we lose to both Georgetown and Butler WITH Q? I'm certainly not in the camp that we're better off without him, but dismissing the teams we beat without him doesn't really work in this case.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    What was xaviers record when q was.out last year?
    Not sure but I know is that those games were much more enjoyable to watch.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Georgetown and Butler were two of our biggest wins in the first half of last year.
    Yeah, and the first half of last year sucked. Butler didn't even make the NIT and Georgetown lost in the first round. The point is winning those games without Q doesn't mean the team is better without him. The Butler win was a miracle (win probability was under 3% at the last media timeout) - it's moronic to point to that and say "look, Xavier is better when Goodin doesn't play."

I'm trapped at work so I've entertained this for far too long, but the anti-Q stuff from certain posters is just out of control. Btw, Q wasn't good at all tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Didn't we lose to both Georgetown and Butler WITH Q? I'm certainly not in the camp that we're better off without him, but dismissing the teams we beat without him doesn't really work in this case.
    My only point is it's pretty lame to lean on that 4-0 stat for Xville's purpose. I mean that stance also ignores the fact that Q played in every single game during what was unquestionably X's best stretch last season.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    My only point is it's pretty lame to lean on that 4-0 stat for Xville's purpose. I mean that stance also ignores the fact that Q played in every single game during what was unquestionably X's best stretch last season.
    Based on the 4-0 record, one could make the case that was X’s best stretch last season.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Because we're going to beat this team by 100. Get the freshman the ball.
    If we don’t score 100 we suck!

Except now.

When we want to be really good down the road.. That said great opener to make it 19 straight and roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Schrand plays pretty good defense. He is very disciplined and assignment strong. I think it is a bit of a message from Travis - play defense ifyou want minutes. Plus it's a reward for hardwork. The question will be, how long does this continue as the level of competition increases.
    I think you are on the money about Schrand. I kind of like that approach by Steele. Plus, the kid played pretty well. It isn’t like he was a huge liability like most who players who were walk ons at on point. He even had a steal. Personally, I didn’t have a problem with him getting some playing time as long as he is never becomes a big liability. I’d imagine KyKy will absorb most of his minutes once he is good to go.

On that note.... I sure hope KyKy can shoot the 3 well this year. Goodness to we need that from him.
    Last edited by IM4X; 11-05-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Based on the 4-0 record, one could make the case that was X’s best stretch last season.
    Sure, but that would be a pretty weak case.

"Stretch" A:

November 6th win over IUPUI (no postseason), December 5th win over Ohio (no postseason), January 9th win over GTown (NIT first round), January 13th win over Butler (NIT first round, I was mistaken earlier) - all at home

Stretch B:

Winning 6 of 7 consecutive Big East games stretching February to March (including road wins over two NCAA Tournament teams and four wins over NCAA Tournament teams in total)

You tell me which is better.