Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Any insight on Schrand's minutes? I mean what the hell is going on with that? Feels like we aren't talking enough about one of the weirder things that's happened in a while.
    I'm sure we're the only Top 25 team that started a 5'9 walk-on. Not sure why. He's probably great kid, but I hope Steele stops playing him. I mean, he will get killed by BE guards.

Supporting Member
    No, I guarantee you I won't. Just curious, since you consistently pin how bad the offense "looked" last season (all the way in the basement of D1 at #56 on KenPom) on Q, does he get any credit for the best offense in school history the year prior? I mean he did play 75% of that team's PG minutes and led the team in assists (as he did his other two seasons), assist rate, etc.
    No credit from me. I have seen the way he looks when he doesnt have two of the best shooters xavier has ever had playing next to him.

Any insight on Schrand's minutes? I mean what the hell is going on with that? Feels like we aren't talking enough about one of the weirder things that's happened in a while.
    Schrand plays pretty good defense. He is very disciplined and assignment strong. I think it is a bit of a message from Travis - play defense ifyou want minutes. Plus it's a reward for hardwork. The question will be, how long does this continue as the level of competition increases.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    No credit from me. I have seen the way he looks when he doesnt have two of the best shooters xavier has ever had playing next to him.
    Lol. But to be clear, he also gets no benefit of the doubt when he's surrounded by a roster of guys who can't shoot? So you get it both ways? Makes sense.

PS: Not surprising considering the source, but by no means is JP Macura anywhere near the list of best shooters in Xavier history.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I'm sure we're the only Top 25 team that started a 5'9 walk-on. Not sure why. He's probably great kid, but I hope Steele stops playing him. I mean, he will get killed by BE guards.
    Totally agree. I think it's a valid criticism. Those 18 minutes should go to some combo of Bishop/Moore aka guys we're going to need down the line.

Supporting Member
    Lol. But to be clear, he also gets no benefit of the doubt when he's surrounded by a roster of guys who can't shoot? So you get it both ways? Makes sense.

PS: Not surprising considering the source, but by no means is JP Macura anywhere near the list of best shooters in Xavier history.
    I get it, you're a q apologist and will defend him until the end of time. Are you related?

It's easy to look good when you have jp and tre next to you that can spread the floor...you could have played point guard and had a great assist number. Somehow paul looked better and the balls moved a lot quicker with the same personnel last year. If you think that's not the case, you are either lying, or you didnt see the games.
    Last edited by Xville; 11-05-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Got a little sloppy near the end, but generally in charge for the entire game, start to finish. I still don't get the three point shooting early in the shot closk from Q and Naji. Steele even said on the post game that this is a concern. My question is, WHY THE F*** ARE YOU LETTING THEM CONTINUE TO DO IT AFTER ALL THIS TIME!? Does he not have control of this team? I just don't get it. STOP ALREADY!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I get it, you're a q apologist. Are you related?
    I think Q is a solid (not spectacular) player who has had a strong career at X. The facts agree with that take. That doesn't mean Q didn't underperform and frustrate last season. I'm only an apologist as a foil to your absurd negativity about Q.

I mean you just said you think it would be best for the team if Q never played. That is one of the most insane takes ever posted on this board.

You have been clamoring for KyKy for over a year now, so I hope you hold him to the same standard when he hits the floor (and good luck to him).
    Last edited by AviatorX; 11-05-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    Tough f’n crowd here.. they took the foot off the pedal but the game was never in doubt. It’s the first game of the season and they still dominated, chill out
    Agreed. We were up 30 for a good chunk of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseyMuskie View Post
    I think this is more a personnel challenge not a Mack vs. Steele style. I’m sure Steele would love a smoother offense, and someone akin to Trevon. But that’s not the case, so he has to scheme around the personnel. And we’ll have to get used to that.
    Bingo! This team is one the most athletic teams we’ve had, but can’t shot. Like you said, Steele is adjusting the offense (this year and last) accordingly. Not slamming or blaming Mack, but this is who he recruited the last four years - long athletic kids (sure some shooters didn’t work out for various reasons). As we have noticed over last two years, Steele is trying to get more of a diverse recruiting class with shooters and play makers.