Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Nice win by DePaul, but damn classless.
    That damn gratuitous dunk in the last 9 seconds when a “Classy” team would have just dribbled the clock out. (Large Eye Roll)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by masterofreality View Post
    nice win by depaul, but damn classless.
    That damn gratuitous dunk in the last 9 seconds when a “classy” team would have just dribbled the clock out. (large eye roll)
    wwjpd

If X loses tomorrow I blame DePaul due to the law of averages.... big win tonight for the Blue Demons! And big payday for those X fans that happened to bet on DePaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Nice win by DePaul, but damn classless.
    That damn gratuitous dunk in the last 9 seconds when a “Classy” team would have just dribbled the clock out. (Large Eye Roll)
    When did everyone become such pussies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    When did everyone become such pussies?
    Obviously you are unable to decipher a sarcasm font when you see it.
    Just decode Go Muskies response. - WWJPD
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

22-1. Dammit Creighton!

11/11/2019____

Depaul beats Iowa. Shot the long ball really well and out rebounded the Hawkeyes.

11/12/2019____

Creighton loses at Michigan. Jays out rebounded the Wolverines, yet they only have one free throw attempt? What?

New Hampshire loses at SJU Red Storm did not shoot great overall, but rebounding and second chances wins the day.

Minnesota loses at Butler Bulldogs grit out another one, as Baldwin scores 27.

Big East is 22-1. .957 W-L% (1st of 32)

Of the 10 schools, XU is last in offensive rating and seventh in defensive rating .his means little now, but could be a thing later if they stay cold.

Given that we're 8 days into the season, none of this matters too much at this stage...but according to early returns it's a good thing the Gavitt Games have arrived. Despite the combined 22-1 record of Big East teams, Sagarin rates the Big East as the 5th best conference this year. Why? Here are the current SOS rankings for the 10 Big East teams:

247 (Xavier)

All ten teams currently rank in the top 100 (from Villanova at #9 to St. John's at #94).

How much are last year's ratings still influencing current rankings? Sagarin never says exactly, but despite being 2-0 with a win at Rupp Arena, Evansville is ranked #98 (Kentucky is #3 still), so clearly there is still quite a bit of prior year action in the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Given that we're 8 days into the season, none of this matters too much at this stage...but according to early returns it's a good thing the Gavitt Games have arrived. Despite the combined 22-1 record of Big East teams, Sagarin rates the Big East as the 5th best conference this year. Why? Here are the current SOS rankings for the 10 Big East teams:

247 (Xavier)

All ten teams currently rank in the top 100 (from Villanova at #9 to St. John's at #94).

How much are last year's ratings still influencing current rankings? Sagarin never says exactly, but despite being 2-0 with a win at Rupp Arena, Evansville is ranked #98 (Kentucky is #3 still), so clearly there is still quite a bit of prior year action in the ratings.
    Okay. The big question of debate: Do we examine, Sagarin, RPI, or Kenpom for our analysis of quality wins and SOS? I know the NCAA will release their NET ratings sometime in December. I don't know if any internet geek has a replica of the NET ratings. I do like Kenpom. Lots of numbers and analysis but I think all the sites won't provide realistic data until mid January. Need to account for outliers and SOS.

KenPom and Sagarin are both good sources for that from my perspective. RPI is meaningless IMO.