Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Man, I thought Powell got fouled on that second to last attempt. Two defenders challenging there and knocking him down. Seems like he should have gotten to the line.
    yea, both of those (mamu and powell) would get called at any other stage of the game and probably at the end of the game most of the time. ref just swallowed the whistle. unlucky

Saint Johns soil’s themselves against Vermont.
    X A V I E R

11/16/2019____Sat

Ohio lost at Villanova

Cornell lost at DePaul

St. Peters lost at Providence

Vermont won at SJU by a bucket. Basically, the Red Storm can't score, even with 35 FT attempts.

Louisiana Tech lost at Creighton. Mitch Ballock scores 22 big points, 6 RB, 3 Ast.

Wofford at Butler
    Last edited by sirthought; 11-16-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Saint Johns soil’s themselves against Vermont.
    UVM, my alma mater BTW, is a good team with one of the top small forwards (Anthony Lamb) in the nation. They will win their league again this year. No shame in losing a tight one to that team.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    UVM, my alma mater BTW, is a good team with one of the top small forwards (Anthony Lamb) in the nation. They will win their league again this year. No shame in losing a tight one to that team.
    No shame for St. John's to lose to them, but other Big East teams would not be happy losing to them.

Not a big Vermont fan, because when I think of Vermont I think of Brennan. And that guy is an obnoxious cheeseball.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Hoping my Billikens can knock off Seton Hall today.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    The spread was surprisingly small. Bodies well for SLU.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The spread was surprisingly small. Bodies well for SLU.
    I caught some of a couple of SLU's games this year and I was surprised how good they looked offensively. They have some good players back form last years tourney team but lost 2 of their best 4 players. They have a freshman PG who is averaging over 8 assists a game though.

Havent played anyone near Seton Hall's caliber though. We shall see. Should be a sellout though, despite being not very good usually they get good attendance.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    not a good start so far. i was skeptical of seton hall, but they've looked pretty legit this year so far