Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Enhancements to Cintas thie Season

Link

• Xavier Musketeers Gameday App – Xavier Athletics has launched a new mobile app for fans. Developed in partnership with From Now On, the Xavier Musketeers Gameday app will provide fans a one-stop-shop featuring multimedia content, schedules, live stats, team information and fan guides. To download the app, click here.
    • Musketeer Light Show – The Musketeer Light Show is an exciting feature of the Xavier Musketeers Gameday app and brings songs to life through a customized light show using attendee's phones that is synchronized to the music in the men's basketball intro video. Download the Xavier Musketeers Gameday app before Opening Night on Nov. 5 and be in your seats early if you want to be part of the show.
    • DJ Bandcamp – Xavier Athletics is excited to announce the addition of DJ Bandcamp. Bandcamp is one of the most sought after DJ's, touring with national recording artists, appearing on national TV, and performing as the official DJ for the Indiana Pacers. His high-energy sets and versatility will be sure to engage fans of all ages. Look for DJ Bandcamp located in the heart of the X-treme Fans in Section 116.

• Mobile Ticket entry – Xavier fans will be able to add contactless tickets to their Apple or Google Pay Wallet and enter Cintas Center with just their Phone or Apple Watch. Xavier and its ticketing partner Paciolan are excited to provide NFC-enabled tickets: a tap-and-go experience for fans wanting to utilize mobile tickets. iPhone, Android and Apple Watch users will receive their purchased tickets via email and follow prompts to add them to their Apple or Google Pay Wallet with ease. Fans will receive a notification on their lock screen when they arrive at the stadium, giving them easy access to their tickets. Fans can then easily and securely enter Cintas Center by placing their phone or Apple Watch near a scanner.
    • Victory & Vino wine bar – Don't miss the Victory & Vino wine bar located on the east concourse outside the entry to Duff's. Victory & Vino will offer a broad selection of premium wines and spirits. In addition, White Claw Hard Seltzer will be available to customers in select locations.
    • Gameday Poster Series – Following a successful debut at last season's regular season finale, the gameday poster series will return at all home games this season. In collaboration with BLDG Refuge, 17 Cincinnati-area artists have been selected to create unique, limited edition posters. Screen-printed posters will be available for sale on the east concourse adjacent to the All For One Shop.
    • Traditions Club live entertainment – For Season Ticket Holders with access to Traditions Club, this year we will feature a variety of pre-game programming including live performances from local musicians.
    • "Hoopy Hour" Returns – After a successful debut last season, Hoopy Hour will return with special fan-friendly value-priced concession items for the first 60 minutes after doors open (at the four main concourse concession stands ONLY) including popcorn, hot dogs, pretzels, small sodas for only $2 each as well as draft beers for $5.
    • Kills Tracker – Xavier Nation, we need you to be our 6th man. Did you know that when a team gets three consecutive defensive stops on seven occasions during a game, it wins 98% of the time? For many seasons now, our bench personnel has barked like a dog when we've made two consecutive stops as encouragement to get a third, so this season we want our fans to join us. To better help you understand, here is what we need. Three straight defensive stops equals "a kill". Our goal is to reach seven kills for the game. There will be a "Kill Tracker Count" located above the student section on the Lookout board to help fans keep track. When Xavier has made two straight stops, the next offensive possession by our opponent is "kill time". When this occurs, look for the video prompts in arena and that is your queue to join us and bark. Click here for a video tutorial.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

This barking idea is stupid. What is the significance of barking when the mascot is a Musketeer? Why not meowing, or quacking, or oinking?
    Last edited by xeus; 10-29-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Isn't this barking the wrongful appropriation by humans of canine culture?
    Last edited by XU 87; 10-28-2019 at 05:17 PM.

The app appears to be well done. Just downloaded it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Isn't this the wrongful appropriation by humans of canine culture?
    Absolutely. It would be no different than making the promo a Wing Eye Care sombrero and running a discounted taco special if we were to play UTEP.

If it makes the arena cheer more, I’m for it. Good to see some outside the box ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    This barking idea is stupid. Not only is it clearly an apppid. What is the significance of barking when the mascot is a Musketeer? Why not meowing, or quacking, or oinking?
    Ruff crowd.
    No, I be concubining.

I just hope it gets some people off their asses and cheering more. The barking.........yeah, I don't know

I do really like the app. Thanks for the link Muskie. Wonder if they are going to roll it out for other sports. Only bad thing, this gives my wife another reason to tell me to get off my phone. She’ll get used to it...

I love the barking and hope it takes off. The team managers have been doing it for years. It is a high basketball-iQ response, and it emphasizes defense. Students should love it. I wonder if this was a recommendation from last summer's fan engagement deal?

Whereas standing and clapping at the beginning of a half when we don't score, they score, we miss two free throws, we get a stop, we don't score, they don't score, we get fouled and finally make a free throw ... so now you can sit down.