Historical Basketball League

David West's league...

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...education-ncaa

The Historical Basketball League would be the first of its kind — the ultimate test of whether fans watch college basketball because of the emotional connection to the names on the front of the jerseys, because of the gifted players with the names on the back, or a mixture of both.

I'm interested to see this theory tested. I love all kinds of basketball. In my college days I could almost watch any game that was on tv. As I've gotten older and my time more constricted, I still find myself watching basketball in reduced quantities. I obviously gravitate to games that interest me more now due to time.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I will watch zero of this. Outside of the NCAA Tournament, I don't watch much non-Xavier college basketball either, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I will watch zero of this. Outside of the NCAA Tournament, I don't watch much non-Xavier college basketball either, though.
    Did you catch any of TBT (The Basketball Tournament) where former college stars (who aren't in the NBA) play in a tourmament for 2 million dollars? It's on in the spring/summer. I watched it like crazy. Nostalgia.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I think what makes college basketball special is the atmosphere. There's a feeling like every game is important and the wrong loss could potentially cost you the NCAA tournament. I think that atmosphere is hard to re-create outside of NCAA D-1 hoops. I love basketball, but have a hard time watching any outside of the NCAA. Honestly, since I live outside of Cincy, college hoops is the only thing that keeps me connected to X.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Me neither. I really don't watch much college basketball.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Me neither. I really don't watch much college basketball.
    How could you type this with a straight keyboard?

He doesn't watch "much." He watches it all.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    College basketball, outside of Xavier, is generally awful.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    College basketball, outside of Xavier, is generally awful.
    This is why I don't think the HBL will work. College basketball is national to a point, but only to a point. The vast majority of people only care about their team up until the NCAA Tournament. Their initial idea was pretty good. The teams would be directly affiliated with actual colleges and universities. Now it's just college players playing on teams located in various cities that don't have any ties to an actual college. I don't think anyone will watch that. I'm honestly a little concerned that players who could have been good college players will go into this league, it will go bust, and then they'll basically have nowhere to go after that.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White