Athalon: Seton Hall Preview

Athalon

Final Analysis 

Once again, Seton Hall will play a loaded non-conference schedule, which could help boost its NCAA résumé. The Pirates will host Michigan State, a preseason top-five team, and Maryland, and they also figure to play several top-20 teams in the Battle 4 Atlantis holiday tournament.
    “I think everybody starts talking about quadrant 1 wins and losses and how many quadrants did you play,” Willard said a year ago of his scheduling philosophy, “I think you still gotta show that you’re willing to go out and challenge yourself and play other really good teams.”

The key for the Pirates this year will be building up enough quality wins — both in and out of the Big East — to improve their seed for the NCAA Tournament. That, in turn, could lead to a deep run in March.
    Postseason Prediction: Sweet 16
    Big East Prediction: 2nd
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Jacob Epperson, Creighton's only big man and starter, left practice on a stretcher with what is being described as a serious leg injury. Tough times for the Jays ahead.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Jacob Epperson, Creighton's only big man and starter, left practice on a stretcher with what is being described as a serious leg injury. Tough times for the Jays ahead.

Wow! Creighton will be very thin at the 5. Looks like they will be forced to play Jay Wright’s small ball this year.

Creighton may have played small a ton at the 5 before, but now I'd expect 25 minutes a game of Bishop at the 5. That may have been their best line up even with Epperson, but still a huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Ouch. Hope the kid’s okay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I LOVE Myles Powell and he will be a beast this year, but I don't know about his supporting cast. I think they may be overrated some.........we shall see

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Kevin Willard - Naughty Naughty

Suspended by Seton Hall for 2 games (exhibition and their home opener against Wagner) in regards to a tampering allegation involving transfers.

Supporting Member
    I thought it was guilty for being friends with Mick. Last year he had drinks with the Mickster after SHU beat us at Cintas. We were talking with Kevin at the hotel when Mick showed up.

But no this one comes from the biggest whiner on the east coast courtesy of Jim Boeheim. He bitched that SHU tampered with Taureen Thompson when he was transferring. Thompson is a total head case and Seton Hall's penalty should be to keep TT on the team for 2019-20.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastXman View Post
    I thought it was guilty for being friends with Mick. Last year he had drinks with the Mickster after SHU beat us at Cintas. We were talking with Kevin at the hotel when Mick showed up.

But no this one comes from the biggest whiner on the east coast courtesy of Jim Boeheim. He bitched that SHU tampered with Taureen Thompson when he was transferring. Thompson is a total head case and Seton Hall's penalty should be to keep TT on the team for 2019-20.
    Just a couple guys who can never get past the second round hanging out. The Mick connection is the reason he got the Virginia Tech consideration