Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA: This Could Already be the Final Days of Zion

Forbes

They say Zion will miss six to eight weeks, which translates into 20 to 27 games, including Tuesday’s opener in Toronto for the Pelicans, but they say he’ll return by their game on Christmas Day in Denver.Yeah, well.Good luck with that. Even if Zion backs off the jambalaya, he’s got a bigger problem: He’s injury prone, and that rarely leaves an athlete.

____
    Maybe overly harsh, plain wrong, or right on?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I don't know how you can have that build, play that style and stay healthy. A guy who played like Karl Malone could have that body and play 80 games a year. At 280 pounds and flying all over the court, Zion is going to put tremendous strain on his joints and ligaments.

Are we sure that he is an elite basketball player the way the hype trains make him out to be? Freak athlete, yes. Just seems like Blake Griffin 2.0 to me.... never gonna be best player on championship team IMO, irregardless of his injury-prone nature.

I don’t know how this is going to turn out (hopefully he drops some weight and stays healthy), but I’m rooting for the guy.

Zion went to HS with my brother-in-law’s kids. Supposed to be an awesome kid from a nice family. On Prom night he went to one party that was turning sketchy, and he wanted out. Ended up at my BIL’s for a pool party, and his parents came to check it out, just to be sure.

I know he's got more to lose than anyone else, but reports were all good on him and the family. FWIW

Last edited by xu82; 10-23-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Supporting Member
    There seems to be a lot of haters on this kid for some reason. I guess because he went to duke? To me, he seems to be a good kid who is humble and has a brain. If a kid is going.to look up to a."sports hero," he seems like a good choice to me.

The Chuckster had a good NBA career, so maybe Zion won't be turrible.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I agree with XU82 and XVille, I'm pulling for Zion. I generally skip the NBA unless there is a Xavier player on the court but was looking forward to see how Zion did. Love the way he plays. Seems to play with joy while posterizing everyone in his path.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Junior
    I want to see Zion be great. His size, speed and finishing are unlike anything the league has seen entering it in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    I agree with XU82 and XVille, I'm pulling for Zion. I generally skip the NBA unless there is a Xavier player on the court but was looking forward to see how Zion did. Love the way he plays. Seems to play with joy while posterizing everyone in his path.
    Zion would be the ONLY reason I would turn on an NBA game before the Finals. If an X guy started playing a significant role somewhere, that might change a bit, but Zion has me truly interested.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Are we sure that he is an elite basketball player the way the hype trains make him out to be? Freak athlete, yes. Just seems like Blake Griffin 2.0 to me.... never gonna be best player on championship team IMO, irregardless of his injury-prone nature.
    So he'll only average 20+ ppg and be an all star for the the better part of the first decade of his career?