Aaron McKie Era Starts at Temple

Link

Aaron McKie stayed up all night before he was set to address Temple for the first time as head coach. McKie thought hard for the right words as they raced through his mind, trying to craft the perfect pep talk to assert points of emphasis for the Owls as they headed into summer.Once McKie gathered the Owls the next day after a workout, he had his approach down.“I blew the whistle like I’m this badass,” McKie said. “C’mon, hurry up! Couple of guys were walking, jogging. I just wanted to set the tone.”McKie stood at Temple’s huddle, surveyed his new team and, well, blanked. He forgot what he wanted to say.

“I just said, ‘How’s everybody feeling? Good morning,’” McKie said, laughing.

____

For those of us that remember McKie playing for Temple (shortly before X joined the A-10).
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

He was a tough competitor. Should be interesting to see how the program develops.