Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Texas v Texas A&M needs to resume. What's ridiculous about that is that (at least in basketball) literally everyone, including the coaches, wants that series back. It's the university administrations on both sides that keep it from happening.

I think that's the last really big rivalry that remains dormant.
    They are playing this year in the new arena (Dickies Arena) in Fort Worth in December.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Would anyone care about A&M/Texas basketball? Obviously football needs to resume.
    Why does anyone here care about Kansas Missouri ?

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I don't, but at least the fans of the two schools apparently do. I'm not sure the same can really be said for A&M/Texas basketball (but good point from 'brew that they'd at least care about it more than they'd care about most other basketball games).

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I interested in a lot of things that happen in college basketball in general, and feel that the AROUND THE NCAA forum is the place to discuss it in case anyone else is too. It was a bitter rivalry and an epic feud, and I was kind of surprised that they agreed to play again.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I interested in a lot of things that happen in college basketball in general, and feel that the AROUND THE NCAA forum is the place to discuss it in case anyone else is too. It was a bitter rivalry and an epic feud, and I was kind of surprised that they agreed to play again.
    Self no longer has any say beyond on the court decisions...that's why they are playing it again. He was the only one against it because he is a petty cheating douchebag.

Plus, he could probably use the good PR move.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Self no longer has any say beyond on the court decisions...that's why they are playing it again. He was the only one against it because he is a petty cheating douchebag.

Plus, he could probably use the good PR move.
    I'm convinced that Bill Self changed his mind. He was the driving force behind the charity game a few years ago, and that was a pretty big thing since no one had ever done anything like that before, and they had to both petition the NCAA to get permission to do it. To better explain it, to get a waiver like that for an event like that, you have to work pretty closely with the other school. I think going through that process, and then having the event be as successful as it was, kind of made both sides decide to leave the past in the past, particularly Kansas and Bill Self. Everyone at Missouri who "left for the SEC after promising they'd stay with Kansas" (which is Kansas's side of the story) was gone, and when they realized just how much interest there would be and how much money they could make, they decided to do it.

Texas and Texas A&M are going to play in Fort Worth this year. I didn't realize that until yesterday. XBand was actually the one that pointed out out. I think it's sold out, but tickets are going for less than $40 right now on the secondary market, so it isn't anything like what a football game would be. But it's still a good game for both teams. I don't know if this is a one off or part of a series.

TAMU will suck ox balls this year, so the game itself will likely suck. But, at least people in Texas will care about a basketball game in December.