Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I thought X was a very good team at the end of the season and could have won a game or two had they gotten into the NCAA. Unfortunately, due to the first 2/3rds of the season, they didn't have that chance. Steele even said he thought they were a top 30 team by the end of the season.
    If you believe in the metrics, if you limit the season to the creighton game at Cintas onward, we were playing as a top 25 team in that stretch

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Reminder that kyky shot almost 50% from three for a full season. He can shoot. Moore shot almost 40%, Bishop is supposed to be a good shooter, Carter shot 35%, and freemantle and Ramsey have made threes already. We’ve yet to see a lot of these guys play yet. Not saying we’re gonna light it up but I don’t think it will be as dire as people are saying
    Yeah, definitely something to keep in mind, I guess I'm more so worried because of trying to figure out how it'll translate to the college level for them (except Carter and Moore of course), again the adjustment period of all those new faces may need a little bit of time to get worked out, but I think there's a lot of promise on this roster. I'm just being pessimistic to set myself up for pleasantly surprised down the road hahah.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Shooting is biggest concern probably. How far out did the 3 point line move again? Need the new guys to step up in the outside shooting department.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

The defense was there at the end of last season. I am most curious to see if we actually run offense or are jacking out-of-rhythm threes with 20 seconds on the shot clock.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    The defense was there at the end of last season. I am most curious to see if we actually run offense or are jacking out-of-rhythm threes with 20 seconds on the shot clock.
    Exactly......we are a very veteran team....but the biggest weakness I see is discipline and taking good shots.......something this team has not really done at all.

We do need Kyky, Moore and Bishop to help out this year off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Exactly......we are a very veteran team....but the biggest weakness I see is discipline and taking good shots.......something this team has not really done at all.

I actually think we're gonna be better with the shot selection this year mainly because if the bench contributes like they're supposed to, Carter is the real deal, then Q won't have to force things. We had periods last season where we had literally nothing going on offense, which required Q to force the issue, he's much better when he can manage the game and set other people up, I think we'll see more of that with Kyky, Bishop, Carter, etc. into the mix, obviously gotta see how it translates, but on paper the firepower is there.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I actually think we're gonna be better with the shot selection this year mainly because if the bench contributes like they're supposed to, Carter is the real deal, then Q won't have to force things. We had periods last season where we had literally nothing going on offense, which required Q to force the issue, he's much better when he can manage the game and set other people up, I think we'll see more of that with Kyky, Bishop, Carter, etc. into the mix, obviously gotta see how it translates, but on paper the firepower is there.
    If Q hits the side of the backboard on a 3, they should just forfeit the season.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Quentin Goodin will take at least one three pointer that will hit the side of the backboard and cause this website to implode.
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    If Q hits the side of the backboard on a 3, they should just forfeit the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

I totally get this, but somehow someway the offense last year was...not that bad - good enough for #56 on KenPom. But agreed if X can tighten things up on that end, it should be good for at least a slight efficiency bump (and obviously cutting live ball run out turnovers will help the defensive numbers as well).

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

Rankings

Dropped 2 spots in AP poll. Now 21
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17