Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Not surprisingly, the Muskies dropped out of the top 25. Surprisingly, they are still second among others receiving votes. Now, interesting to me (and no one else), is that the first three in others receiving votes look like this: North Carolina 41, Xavier 40, Wichita State 31

Alma mater, alma mater, current residence. Woo hoo, lots of good but not great basketball for me this year!

I think we're going to spend another week just on the outside of the polls. Not much movement at the bottom of the polls with most of those teams winning, and the votes I've seen indicate that Wichita State is going to be the new team in and not us. However, we'll have every opportunity in Big East play to make a name for ourselves.

Huh, for some reason Iowa snuck in at #25. That makes no sense. Anyway, X is now #28 (third team receiving votes).

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Huh, for some reason Iowa snuck in at #25. That makes no sense. Anyway, X is now #28 (third team receiving votes).
    I do enjoy how college basketball at large seems to talk itself into Iowa around this time every year. Look forward to their 9th place Big 10 finish and appearance in an 8/9 game in March.

Of course Iowa is ranked since they took down that floundering program across town. To quote Fletch - “It’s all ball bearings.”

If I saw it right, I think the most interesting thing about this week's poll is that 9 of the 10 Big East teams received votes.

In AP, I see 2 in the poll and 5 receiving votes. Oops, I was looking at the coaches. Correct on AP. And Seton Hall is #9 on that list!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    You're mathematical prowess is impressive, my friend.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

We've still got at least one belieber! Xavier got 4 points in the latest coaches poll released today.

The Big East has 5 of the top 23 in the AP Poll this week. The Fighting Kelseys outpointed Xavier 1-0 in the voting.