Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Also for some games they won.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Also for some games they won.
    Agree. When Dayton has played against the NIT-ish types of teams, they've beaten them about as soundly as you would expect a top 15 team to beat them. I think they are as good as their ranking. I know a lot of people on here will try and come up with a bunch of reasons as to why they really aren't that good, but if you know good when you see it, then you know that Dayton is good.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Agree. When Dayton has played against the NIT-ish types of teams, they've beaten them about as soundly as you would expect a top 15 team to beat them. I think they are as good as their ranking. I know a lot of people on here will try and come up with a bunch of reasons as to why they really aren't that good, but if you know good when you see it, then you know that Dayton is good.
    100%. I guess the only "concern" I have for UD is they really need UGA, VT and SMC to play a slight tick above where it looks like they might, otherwise, if you build in a few WTF A-10 road games (we can relate) they might be looking at being a very very very good 7 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    100%. I guess the only "concern" I have for UD is they really need UGA, VT and SMC to play a slight tick above where it looks like they might, otherwise, if you build in a few WTF A-10 road games (we can relate) they might be looking at being a very very very good 7 seed.
    Well, right now they are playing well enough that they are being projected as a 4/5 seed. But I see what you mean about the unexpected losses.

They are #1 in adjusted offensive efficiency (just ahead of Villanova). #73 in adjusted defensive efficiency (five spots behind Duquesne). They are tracking statistically similar to Oregon.

Just because of coaches, I find it interesting that their old coach is winning at Indiana, but playing much lesser competition. And just lost their first game to Wisconsin by 20.

Should be interesting to see if Anthony Grant gets another look by bigger schools and if he stays in the A10.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Coaches left us unranked (27th in the voting) while ranking Dayton #12.
    While keeping Seton Hall in with 3 losses.... 3 LOSSES!!!... and we don't even get the 25th spot!!!?

Apparently there are a few coaches who really don't care for X.

I want names!!!! Anyone know which coach (besides Mack!!!?) is sticking it to us.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    While keeping Seton Hall in with 3 losses.... 3 LOSSES!!!... and we don't even get the 25th spot!!!?

Apparently there are a few coaches who really don't care for X.

I want names!!!! Anyone know which coach (besides Mack!!!?) is sticking it to us.
    In the AP Poll, where there are 65 voters, 2 of them had Xavier at 13, 21 of them had us unranked. Oddly, Seton Hall, ranked one spot above us, was no higher than 14 and had more ballots where they were left off, but still ended up with decidedly more points than us overall.

Sophomore
    AP voters of interest:
    * Ben Steele (Milwaukee): unranked [DUMB, helps Marquette if we are ranked, dude]
    * Dick Vitale: 17th
    * Joe Juliano (Philly): 23rd
    * John Feinstein: 19th
    * Jon Rothstein (ugh): unranked
    * Kevin McNamara (Providence [really good!]): 17th
    * Matt McCoy (Columbus, OH): 22nd
    * Rick Bozich (Louisville): 21st
    * Rob Dauster: 22nd
    * Seth Davis: unranked
    * Stephen Means (Cleveland): 14th

VD is good this year and there is no way to hide it. Accept the fact that’s it’s VD and other then Kansas, who else have they really played? Also none of the games were a true road game. Let me see how they do through the gauntlet which is the ACC sorry A-10 and then we can see if they are legit. Either way they suck, their city is disgusting and if I’m AG I’m getting the hell out of that dump as soon as this season is over. F&CK DAYTON
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

When do the NET rankings come out?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    When do the NET rankings come out?
    Monday
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White