Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

2019-2020 College Basketball Polls

Xavier checks in at #19 in the preseason. We'll be sneaking up on the top 10 in no time. 3 Big East teams are ranked and 4 others are receiving votes.

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

I think X will finish the season in the top ten. Not sure if they'll sneak into it or not. They may just ram through the damn door! If they end up playing Florida and beat them down in Charleston, Xavier may be ranked in the top ten for the entire rest of the season.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

That is awesome and I am normally a blue kool-aid drinker, but I am skeptical. After witnessing last season, I have trouble believing that Xavier is the 19th best out of the 700+ Division I teams. I certainly hope you guys are correct about our prospects.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    That is awesome and I am normally a blue kool-aid drinker, but I am skeptical. After witnessing last season, I have trouble believing that Xavier is the 19th best out of the 700+ Division I teams. I certainly hope you guys are correct about our prospects.

Counting the women too? That means we are at least in the upper 50% (hopefully)!

700+ teams ?? Sarcasm I read....

It looks like we’re going to need to learn to shoot....and soon! I wish I was more optimistic. Shot selection and shooting ability appear to be major challenges. I hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    It looks like we’re going to need to learn to shoot....and soon! I wish I was more optimistic. Shot selection and shooting ability appear to be major challenges. I hope I’m wrong.
    I'm with you two, I'm not as optimistic about being Top 10 all-season either, we really don't have much of an outside shooting threat, really depends on which version of Naji/Scruggs/Q shows up from behind the arc, and throw in all the freshman into the mix, I think we're gonna have some growing pains to start the year out, but I'll tell you what, I'm damn excited to see what happens because I think it's gonna be a fun year.

I thought X was a very good team at the end of the season and could have won a game or two had they gotten into the NCAA. Unfortunately, due to the first 2/3rds of the season, they didn't have that chance. Steele even said he thought they were a top 30 team by the end of the season.

Sophomore
    Reminder that kyky shot almost 50% from three for a full season. He can shoot. Moore shot almost 40%, Bishop is supposed to be a good shooter, Carter shot 35%, and freemantle and Ramsey have made threes already. We’ve yet to see a lot of these guys play yet. Not saying we’re gonna light it up but I don’t think it will be as dire as people are saying

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I thought X was a very good team at the end of the season and could have won a game or two had they gotten into the NCAA. Unfortunately, due to the first 2/3rds of the season, they didn't have that chance. Steele even said he thought they were a top 30 team by the end of the season.
    If you believe in the metrics, if you limit the season to the creighton game at Cintas onward, we were playing as a top 25 team in that stretch