#18 in the opening Ken Palm Rankings

Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

How does he come up with this without a game bring played?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    How does he come up with this without a game bring played?
    I believe some ratio of stats from the tail end of last season and how many players are returning.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    Ken Palmeroy

Think overall ranking is about right, but Tempo will be faster than 298 based off our depth this year vs last. Very surprised with Butler being 33?

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I believe some ratio of stats from the tail end of last season and how many players are returning.
    He constantly tinkers with the formula. He will even change it throughout the year. I know that one of the things he factors in is a team's overall budget. His whole thing is win probability, and there is a ratio between a team's budget and a team's win probability early in the year. Or, he think there is, and he's probably right. How many games a team actually wins or loses are almost a non-factor. He doesn't rank teams on merit. He's simply trying to figure out what their current win probability is at a given moment.

It's Ken POMEROY, BTW.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

The entire BigEast in the top 100

1 BE team in top 10
    4 BE teams in top 20
    7 BE teams in top 40

Impressive rankings, not that they mean much but should be a fun year

It's a talking point, that's about it, we really won't know with so many new faces and variables. I also think we'll be playing a bit faster this year considering we have some depth, the core 4 will lead this team, if we can play as well as we did defensively at the end of last season we'll be in good shape, but it's always tough for Freshmen to adjust defensively to the college game. I think we'll have some growing pains, but by March we're hopefully peaking again, just this time with a tournament bid ;)

I thought I remember reading that his current season rankings take into account the previous season all the way up to the first few games in conference play? Could be wrong, but do know that at least in the beginning, a lot of the influence for the ranking is from the previous year.