Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
Let us all remember, Dontarius James really impressed last year in MM and basically did nothing in 2018. You can take very, very little from a 10 minute scrimmage.........especially with the new guys.

I did like and was impressed with how athletic all the new guys are. I thought Dionte Miles ran the floor really well and showed me more than I was expecting. I think red shirting him is going to be hard.
I understand your point about flushing the MM scrimmage and it makes sense. So, I don't want to over-react to comments about lack of improvement in shooting. But, I expect the Core Four to shoot better this year, including Q. While it isn't easy to improve one's shooting, it certainly is not impossible. It takes time and discipline but not much else. A couple of hours each day in the gym, over the summer. Virtually all the upper classmen over the last few years, improved as they matured. So, I'm going to take your advice and not get worked up about the shooting. I expect improvement---especially over the course of the season.

I also expect solid team play. They have to remember how tough the first half of last season was when they didn't mesh well together.

And, speaking of James, I'm hoping to see Dontarius get some playing time this year. He got zero (or close to zero) minutes last year and hung around anyway. That's better than Harden and Kennedy. I wish Harden had stayed. His shooting did improve and I thought he was getting his confidence. These guys have no patience and in the end, I think they don't do themselves justice.