Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Musketeer Madness 2019

Would appreciate any info shared about the event?

Is it steaming live?

Would love to hear thoughts from those attending too?

2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Thank you for the link Bobbiemcgee!

Nice clips Shannon included.

I really thought more people would be posting about the event today- especially this evening.
    Last edited by IM4X; 10-18-2019 at 08:02 PM.

I had a great time at Cintas tonight. Jason Carter was the only one who didn't play. Perhaps others can offer more insight on how the team looked, but it was just good to see the team and know it's less than two weeks until we see them in action against an opponent.

Girls out shot the guys, again, it the 3 point contest. The girl with red hair scorched the nets making 19 of 25, so it was real uncomfortable watching the guys clang one after a other. I think all 3 (Moore, James, Scruggs) only made just 9 but Moore was slow getting thru the racks and he had 4 balls left as time expired.

The return of the slam dunk contest also had it's cringe-worthy moments with multiple unsuccessful attempts and Hanson won the dang thing.

In the scrimmage everything went as expected. The core 4 are very impressive with Naji looking better than ever in ALL FACETS. We will have no concerns with Paul's game and Q looks 100% like the 2017 version. Jones is in unbelievable condition and all 4 exude mass confidence.

Now the freshman. Neither Tandy or Bishop showed much offensively but both look really good handling the ball. The Bigs on the other hand were very active AND productive. Ramsey didn't get many minutes but moved well and is already far ahead of the other 2 physically but both Zach and Dieonte play with raw natural ability\instincts. Zach needs to bulk up asap but that won't keep him from being a major contributor. Miles is a rail but what he brings defensively seems too valuable for any redshirt IMO.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 10-18-2019 at 10:08 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    I had a great time at Cintas tonight. Jason Carter was the only one who didn't play. Perhaps others can offer more insight on how the team looked, but it was just good to see the team and know it's less than two weeks until we see them in action against an opponent.
    Never easy to evaluate talent considering these players know each other so well, not to mention the plays. That being said. some things that did come to mind. The team will still likely struggle shooting from 3 especially if Marshall continues to shoot the most 3s. Other than Freemantle, tough for freshmen to make an impact. Marshall and Goodin guarded Bishop and Tandy and thats tough for anyone-elite defenders. Freemantle was smoothe.Moore seems to have a decent stroke but not great. Both he and Scruggs did ok in 3 point contest. Scruggs missed his final 11 shots and more made about 20%. As for the scrimmage, Marshall unfortunately was the player we saw during the season except the last stretch. He made one 3 but took the most. His shot selection is just awful. He continues to take shots as if there is one second on the shot clock. He was one of the worse offensive players in the BE last year (based on efficiency) but he still feels he must shoot for X to win. Steele needs to reign him in now or X will have challenges. Tandy was clearly upset with him especially one play where he was wide open for a 3. Lets hope that this was just an anomaly but after last year, this looked eerily similar to me. Just an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    Is Carter recovering from an injury? Maybe they are just being extra careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Girls out shot the guys, again, it the 3 point contest. The girl with red hair scorched the nets making 19 of 25, so it was real uncomfortable watching the guys clang one after a other. I think all 3 (Moore, James, Scruggs) only made just 9 but Moore was slow getting thru the racks and he had 4 balls left as time expired.

The return of the slam dunk contest also had it's cringe-worthy moments with multiple unsuccessful attempts and Hanson won the dang thing.

In the scrimmage everything went as expected. The core 4 are very impressive with Naji looking better than ever in ALL FACETS. We will have no concerns with Paul's game and Q looks 100% like the 2017 version. Jones is in unbelievable condition and all 4 exude mass confidence.

Now the freshman. Neither Tandy or Bishop showed much offensively but both look really good handling the ball. The Bigs on the other hand were very active AND productive. Ramsey didn't get many minutes but moved well and is already far ahead of the other 2 physically but both Zach and Dieonte play with raw natural ability\instincts. Zach needs to bulk up asap but that won't keep him from being a major contributor. Miles is a rail but what he brings defensively seems too valuable for any redshirt IMO.
    Good stuff. Thanks for posting about the event. Appreciate the insight on the core 4 and the new guys.

Sophomore
    I believe he rolled an ankle and no need to rush back from that. Sounds like fun and I went last year as visiting daughters from Connecticut. I cherish my t- shirt

I loved the dunk contest, fwiw. The team was really into it and Tandy capped it with a between the legs dunk. You could see his confidence and competitiveness. I think tht freshmen as a whole will bring an edge to the team that's reminiscent of trevon and j.p. it will be good to have that balance instead of guys like Q and Naji trying to do everything.