Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usmnt = suck!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    You will need your passport or a license from the govt. If you get drunk they'll arrest you.
    If you get drunk enough, they'll arrest you anywhere. Qatar isn't interested in arresting drunk tourists.

Have you actually been there? I'd actually be interested in getting your take on the place. To be fair, everyone that I know who's actually been there says it's not that bad. So, what I said probably wasn't fair. But, while my statement may have been off base, my feelings are still the same. I just can't get to where I think spending $7k to go there is a good idea.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If you get drunk enough, they'll arrest you anywhere. Qatar isn't interested in arresting drunk tourists.
    Probably not at the World Cup.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I've been to Dubai and had plenty of drinks there (outside even). They're pretty similar to Qatar in this particular respect as I understand it (from folks I know who HAVE spent time in Qatar). Tourism is a big industry for both. I have no doubt that Qataris/Emiratis risk arrest for drunkenness. But you'll have to be pretty obnoxious to get arrested there as an American (as you would need to be in American tourist cities).