Marquette: Howard Named to Cousy Pre-Season Watchlist

Link

The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announced today the 20 watch list candidates for the 2020 Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year Award. Named after Class of 1971 Hall of Famer and former Boston Celtic and Holy Cross guard Bob Cousy, the annual honor now in its seventeenth year recognizes the top point guards in Division I men’s college basketball. A national committee of top college basketball personnel determined the watch list of 20 candidates.

Of interest to the Big East:

Markus Howard Marquette
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Q... not one of the 20 best PGs in the country this season. Hogwash!

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Q... not one of the 20 best PGs in the country this season. Hogwash!
    Never ever thought Howard was a pg. Hmm. How many assists did he average last year?

I had the same reaction to Howard being labeled a PG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Howard self-identifies as a point guard (who shoots the ball 30 times a game). How dare you question his basketball identity.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."