Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Have we even talked about this James Wiseman situation on here? That whole situation is going to be crazy. Penny and Memphis essentially have nothing to lose, so they're apparently going to fight the NCAA tooth and nail. If the NCAA later declares Wiseman ineligible and strips them of all their wins, Memphis just shrugs and remembers the good times, I guess. They could be the first team to win a national championship knowing they shouldn't even order a banner because it's coming down.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Have we even talked about this James Wiseman situation on here? That whole situation is going to be crazy. Penny and Memphis essentially have nothing to lose, so they're apparently going to fight the NCAA tooth and nail. If the NCAA later declares Wiseman ineligible and strips them of all their wins, Memphis just shrugs and remembers the good times, I guess. They could be the first team to win a national championship knowing they shouldn't even order a banner because it's coming down.
    The only thing that would shock me about this, is if Hardaway only gave him or the family the 11,500. I'm guessing it's more in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

To me, I just shrug and say meh. Schools have been cheating for decades and the ncaa picks and chooses who they punish, so at this point I dont really care.

I just think it is incredibly hilarious that the self-declared #Pow6r conference is not only imploding from departures- UConn- but also internally from poorly disguised recruiting cheating.
    UConn couldn't get out fast enough. The Yellow Toothed Gnome and SucKS AD Mike Bohn couldn't leave quick enough, Wichita State has become pedestrian as soon as they enter the league, now Memphis is going to be hit with stuff and maybe have to vacate wins.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HA!
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 11-11-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sure cheating has been a problem with college athletes for decades. However sounds like this payment was to move Wiseman to a HS that Penny coached. Shouldn’t we draw the line somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Sure cheating has been a problem with college athletes for decades. However sounds like this payment was to move Wiseman to a HS that Penny coached. Shouldn’t we draw the line somewhere?
    Is that worse than handing out cash? (Or hookers? LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I can't tell if your line means this falls on the side of acceptable or unacceptable.

I feel that given the circumstances at that time, this is acceptable. I'm sure the high school's competition didn't think it was fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    I can't tell if your line means this falls on the side of acceptable or unacceptable.

I feel that given the circumstances at that time, this is acceptable. I'm sure the high school's competition didn't think it was fair.
    Agree. Seems like he should have been ineligible for high school competition. For college? A stretch. Had the Tubby experience already turned into a dumpster fire at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Agree. Seems like he should have been ineligible for high school competition. For college? A stretch. Had the Tubby experience already turned into a dumpster fire at that point?
    I thought he was ineligible for high school competition.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I don't know how this is going to play out, but I think Memphis is shooting themselves in the face. Not the foot. The FACE!

If a school has a player that is ruled ineligible for a stupid or unfair reason, I would totally respect them if they decided to make a statement and made the decision to let that player play anyway and just accept whatever consequences come of it. If that's what Memphis is doing, then okay (I guess). But if they actually think they're going to get away with this, I believe they are very seriously mistaken. When a school plays an ineligible player on accident it can be a big mess. When they do it on purpose, especially after they've been advised that a player is likely ineligible, that's facing down a loaded shotgun. If they know that and did it anyway, then I can actually respect them wanting to take a stand. If they did it thinking that the NCAA couldn't or wouldn't do anything to them, then OH BOY are they about to go for a ride!!
    Last edited by xubrew; 11-11-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I don't know how this is going to play out, but I think Memphis is shooting themselves in the face. Not the foot. The FACE!

If a school has a player that is ruled ineligible for a stupid or unfair reason, I would totally respect them if they decide to make a statement made the decision to let that player play anyway and just accept whatever consequences come of it. If that's what Memphis is doing, then okay (I guess). But if they actually think they're going to get away with this, I believe they are very seriously mistaken. When a school plays in ineligible player on accident it can be a big mess. When they do it on purpose, especially after they've been advised that a player is likely ineligible, that's facing down a loaded shotgun. If they know that and did it anyway, then I can actually respect them wanting to take a stand. If they did it thinking that the NCAA couldn't or wouldn't do anything to them, then OH BOY are they about to go for a ride!!
    Agreed. Seems really dumb