Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Virginia losing tonight at Boston College. Not a thing of beauty, @JonRothstein

Supporting Member
    The acc is an absolute shit show outside of duke, florida state and louisville (who has serious guard issues).

This season really is a cluster...someone like Tulane is going to be in the title game.

TCU has suddenly won 5 out of 6 - their only loss was Xavier spanking the Frogs before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    TCU has suddenly won 5 out of 6 - their only loss was Xavier spanking the Frogs before Christmas.
    Good, we need them to keep winning.. Also, St. John's still confuses me, getting spanked by G'Town right now.

Haven’t been able to see a lot of Wichita State this year but looked really solid over Memphis last night.

My son and I decided to go at the last minute. Fun atmosphere for sure. Wichita State is really good on defense, but offense can really be a struggle for them if they don't get out in transition. They haven't shot great this year, but they do have a few capable shooters.

All in all, I think WSU is a fringe top 20ish team this year and should be in the mix with Houston and Memphis for the conference title. They should be absolutely loaded next year, though, because all of their best players (other than their big man) are freshmen and sophomores.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    My son and I decided to go at the last minute. Fun atmosphere for sure. Wichita State is really good on defense, but offense can really be a struggle for them if they don't get out in transition. They haven't shot great this year, but they do have a few capable shooters.

All in all, I think WSU is a fringe top 20ish team this year and should be in the mix with Houston and Memphis for the conference title. They should be absolutely loaded next year, though, because all of their best players (other than their big man) are freshmen and sophomores.
    Gotta be pretty decent to get a win over Memphis though right? Like I know Wiseman isn't playing but Achinwu or whatever is a monster, Quinolones was a 5* as well, Lomax is solid.. interesting that they lost two in a row, I'm also interested to see how they do against UC. They have a lot of talent, but will be a storyline to follow of what Penny Hardaway can do without Wiseman.

Clemson now 1-59 all time in Chapel Hill with a comeback win against the Tar Heels in OT.

Supporting Member
    Mizzou up 17 at half against florida...did not see that happening.

Steve Lappas on TV: "I'd rather be down 5 with 25 seconds remaining than down 3 with 10 seconds remaining"

Can't imagine why Villanova and UMass let him go.

Oh, and UConn came from 9 points down with a minute remaining to force OT against Wichita State. Without Tommy Polley (who tore an ACL in practice yesterday).