Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    This was not the half time score--UVA 48 Syracuse 34. I guess that's old school?
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    This was not the half time score--UVA 48 Syracuse 34. I guess that's old school?
    They say that, but when you look at games from the pre-shot clock era there were actually more possessions per game on average, and more points scored. The 35 second shot clock ere was the slowest the game ever was. Something I learned (I think) from Ken Pomeroy.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Ouch. That had to be painful to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

The slate of games tonight is less than stellar.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    They say that, but when you look at games from the pre-shot clock era there were actually more possessions per game on average, and more points scored. The 35 second shot clock ere was the slowest the game ever was. Something I learned (I think) from Ken Pomeroy.
    Interesting, you would thought it would’ve been when they implemented the 45 second clock. Guess some remembered Dean Smith’s four corner offensive. As that type of game was brutal to watch, nothing compares to the 1983 UC UK game I went to. Final score UK 24 - UC 11 and 15 made field goals on 31 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Interesting, you would thought it would’ve been when they implemented the 45 second clock. Guess some remembered Dean Smith’s four corner offensive. As that type of game was brutal to watch, nothing compares to the 1983 UC UK game I went to. Final score UK 24 - UC 11 and 15 made field goals on 31 attempts.
    Oh I'm sure there were certainly games and teams that slowed it down to the point of wanting to make people set their heads on fire. As a whole, the general pace was faster. Which is kind of interesting. The only thing I can think of is that before you had 35 seconds to shoot, they saw no point in running the clock down.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    The slate of games tonight is less than stellar.
    Seattle v Wazzu is kind of interesting. Seattle had a pretty good team last year until they lost seemingly all their starters to injury. They are healthy again this year, and may be good enough to beat a crappy P5 team on the road.

Actually...what am I saying?? No one really cares about that but me.

Seattle v Wazzu is kind of interesting. Seattle had a pretty good team last year until they lost seemingly all their starters to injury. They are healthy again this year, and may be good enough to beat a crappy P5 team on the road.

Brew, that game is way past my bedtime.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I took Seattle +3.5 on your recommendation. I hope that $25 weighs heavily on you if the (whatever Seattle's mascot is) don't cover!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Redhawks (formerly Chieftains)

I have no life to remember things like that.