Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The Tulsa/Houston Baptist game is competitive for now. So you've got that going for you.
    Houston Baptist is awful, so Tulsa must REALLY stink!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Haven't really digged deep into research this season, but anybody else feel a little "underwhelmed" with the top 5?? Like, it doesn't seem to have a clear runaway team that I think will destroy everyone's soul. I like Michigan State with Cassius and Tillman, but I feel like this year may be pretty open just like the last couple years have been.
    I completely agree. I think a lot of it has to do with this years recruiting class at the top being very underwhelming. Duke, Kentucky, kansas all seem to have good stuff like usual but last years class had a great deal of hype, while this years all I hear about is the kid at unc and thata about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I completely agree. I think a lot of it has to do with this years recruiting class at the top being very underwhelming. Duke, Kentucky, kansas all seem to have good stuff like usual but last years class had a great deal of hype, while this years all I hear about is the kid at unc and thata about it.
    Maybe the recruiting class at the top feels underwhelming because you're looking at Dook, Kentucky and Kansas, and the top recruits are actually massed at Memphis. They very well could be the monster that most people seem to be largely ignoring.

Next Tuesday night it is Memphis vs. Oregon in Portland. We'll learn a lot. Should be fun.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 11-05-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Three games have tipped off!!

As is the annual tradition, the early tipoffs are typically out of hand prior to the under 8 media timeout.
    Wait...aren't you the guy that doesn't watch much college BB?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Wait...aren't you the guy that doesn't watch much college BB?
    Well, every now and then I catch a few minutes of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    People can do all the research they want. Until the teams actually start playing, everyone is just guessing. There may be a runaway team and we just don't know it yet. Texas Tech started off outside the Top 25 for the last two years.
    So so so true my friend, but that's honestly the reason I love college basketball, between that and March Madness, there's a lot of variety, and honestly any team has a legitimate chance. It's so much more fun than college football where the play-offs are basically going to be the blue bloods, and is a lot more difficult for an underdog to win, plus with the one and done phenomena going on, so many new faces everywhere to add to the craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Maybe the recruiting class at the top feels underwhelming because you're looking at Dook, Kentucky and Kansas, and the top recruits are actually massed at Memphis. They very well could be the monster that most people seem to be largely ignoring.

Next Tuesday night it is Memphis vs. Oregon in Portland. We'll learn a lot. Should be fun.
    To be fair, I think it's been spoken about how amazing Memphis' class is this off-season, I don't think anybody is ignoring that, but I do kind of agree with what he's saying. Duke had Zion, RJ Barrett, and Carter which was what, like 1, 2, an 5 overall or something? Matthew Hurt and Vernon Carey don't have that type of "name/star power," though they both are probably very good in their own right. Nova had like the 6th or 7th class, the biggest worry out of it for me was seeing another damn Archidiacono, Kentucky has a great class again, but the star power is missing. Even Arizona, the only reason I know of Nico Mannion is because people started calling him "White Mamba" or "Ginger Mamba" or something.

It could definitely be not keeping up with recruiting as much this year with boards and life going on, but it just felt like last year that class had sure fire NBA studs, while this one seems a little more underwhelming. Again, I could just be painfully ignorant by not looking into things, just kind of the feel I have going into this season!

Howard lost to something called Washington Adventist. That's probably not good.

Speaking of people losing their shit over game 1 (referencing another thread!), if you follow Jordan Crawford on Twitter (and I've got to stop doing that as I think it lowers my IQ) you'll see him quite upset with Izzo and his use of Rocket Watts. Sounds like Crawford wishes he was somewhere like UDM and was just allowed to dominate the ball and generally do whatever he wants.

Fordham held on to beat Saint Francis Brooklyn last night. This is big because St. Francis BKN is normally a lot better than Fordham.

Fordham is now ahead of both Michigan State and Kansas in the NET!!

Elias Harden had a rough go of it last night for what should be a pretty good Jacksonville State team. 3 points on 1-7 shooting (1-4 from 3) in a 74-65 loss to SMU. That was a big opportunity for them and a game they had a real chance to win.