Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I think the unis for East Carolina are for Autism Awareness, though. Not going to slam them for that.
    Oh well then that makes sense - didn't know. Never mind.

UConn's women's team has fallen to #6 in the rankings. It is the first time in 253 weeks that they have been ranked outside the top five. Geno is clearly on the hot seat!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Geno has to go. Enough is enough!!

Being in the AAC really is slowly (and I emphasize SLOWLY) strangling the UConn women's program, though. They've tried to schedule up in the non-conference and sprinkle in tough games during the conference season to stem the tide, but they really have dropped off a bit in recent years. Now, that's a drop from winning every game in the NCAA Tournament by double digits to losing maybe once or twice a year but having one of those losses come in the NCAA Tournament to now...gasp!....maybe be a #2 seed, but it's a pretty clear drop.

I'm not sure a move to the Big East stems that tide, but you know Geno is going to be thrilled to be out of the AAC.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 23 View Post
    Geno has to go. Enough is enough!!
    The question is do you let Geno finish out the season, or do you go ahead and let him go now and just let an interim finish things up?

I know this isn't ending the way that he wanted, but he really did do some good things while he was at UConn. Most have probably forgotten that, but I do hope that he is at least remembered fondly.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I think the unis for East Carolina are for Autism Awareness, though. Not going to slam them for that.
    OK. But they certainly were not "Sensory Friendly".
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The question is do you let Geno finish out the season, or do you go ahead and let him go now and just let an interim finish things up?

I know this isn't ending the way that he wanted, but he really did do some good things while he was at UConn. Most have probably forgotten that, but I do hope that he is at least remembered fondly.
    On that same topic, John Beilein and the Cavs are working out his departure. Stevens is the only guy who has been able to sort of navigate a college job to the pros but he hasn't come close to a championship even with some damn good players and hasn't even gotten to the best record in the Eastern Conference. The Boston hot seat will be happening soon. They are just two totally different games.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

Program clearly needs a culture change. I say act now!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    On that same topic, John Beilein and the Cavs are working out his departure. Stevens is the only guy who has been able to sort of navigate a college job to the pros but he hasn't come close to a championship even with some damn good players and hasn't even gotten to the best record in the Eastern Conference. The Boston hot seat will be happening soon. They are just two totally different games.
    You have to have a superstar to win a championship in the nba. Boston doesnt have one. Good players get you to the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    You have to have a superstar to win a championship in the nba. Boston doesnt have one. Good players get you to the playoffs
    People thought that Kyrie Irving, Al Horford and Gordon Hayward were going to dominate the East.