Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Dayton couldn't overtake Gonzaga in the AP poll. Only nudged up one spot (passing SD State). Do you think there's any chance the Selection Committee would have a region with Dayton as the #1 seed and SD State as the #2 seed? I doubt it.
    Well, how much of a chance??

They were placed #6 overall when they released the protected seeds a few weeks ago. The thing about Dayton is that it's unusual for a team to be seeded that high with no wins against anyone in the top half of the bracket, and it would be almost unprecedented for them to give a #1 seed to a team like that. But...they might. I gave up trying to guess what they were going to do a long time ago.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Be sure and tune in for the SECOND HALF of the Hampton v Gardner Webb game tonight!! You may recall that the first half was played back on January 20th, and the game had to be suspended because the shotclocks weren't working.

Does that make this the longest game in the history of the sport??

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    You may recall
    No, you and like 6 other people recall that. Most of the players on both teams probably forgot before the coaches told them to get on the bus this morning!

No, you and like 6 other people recall that. Most of the players on both teams probably forgot before the coaches told them to get on the bus this morning!
    I think I may personally know all six of them

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Conference tournaments aren't necessarily kryptonite for Cronin's teams. Even last year, Oregon stormed through the Pac-12 Tournament after sleepwalking through their regular season. Thing is, if UCLA somehow sweeps the Arizona schools at home and wins at USC, be prepared to hear their name mentioned as a possible NCAA Tournament at-large contender. And one likely headed to Dayton.
    I agree that it's not the Conference Tournament that's kryptonite, I just kind of think that between Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, and Arizona State that it'd be a tough task with a boring style of basketball, and inability to put up a lot of points. Oregon is pretty damn legit with their guard play, Pritchard is a monster, real joy to watch, definitely could see some tomfoolery happening getting UCLA a First Four invite or whatever though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    *Spiderman pointing gif*
    Hahaha honestly the conversations go exactly the same, except the difference is over there is "has the game passed by Huggins" opposed to "Was Steele the right hire," but other than that I could probably copy and paste a few posts there, blur out the names of the players and it'd be literally identical.

Louisville was absolutely cruising at Florida State. Now all of a sudden they're...not. What a shame!

Louisville was absolutely cruising at Florida State. Now all of a sudden they're...not. What a shame!
    Yeah what a shame. Chris Mack hates leads against Florida State. Up 12 now down 13. I think 1 of his 6 freshman played tonight. I would be willing to bet he has at least three transfers this off season. It’s what Chris Mack does. If he is lucky an Uber driver might be available.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Hahaha honestly the conversations go exactly the same, except the difference is over there is "has the game passed by Huggins" opposed to "Was Steele the right hire," but other than that I could probably copy and paste a few posts there, blur out the names of the players and it'd be literally identical.
    Well, the WV fans appear to be right, for what it's worth. Yikes.

Glad he’s making that $5 mil a year and only coaching five (?) more years now to 55?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Well, the WV fans appear to be right, for what it's worth. Yikes.
    Yeah, looks like a massive free fall right now, sheesh. The turning point was Huggs completely dressing down the team after a WIN against Iowa State, they haven't even looked remotely the same since. I'll be sure to post some of the gems from tonight once I go read through the thread. Woof.