Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Never forget that Memphis is a product of Convict USA, just like SucKS. They seem to have even less interest in cleaning up their long term mess.
    Memphis has a long history of disgraceful behavior, and even worse, tolerating it.

The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    This doesn't pertain directly to Memphis or the NCAA, but it's still probably not a good sign...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...l12krdiwas03kb
    OTOH, it's going to be fun watching Memphis play the whole season with both middle fingers raised at the NCAA.

Down goes #1 UK.

Wonder how much $ Evansville were paid to beat Kentucky.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Wonder how much $ Evansville were paid to beat Kentucky.
    I think it was $170k, but that was the special Walter McCarty rate. Kentucky typically pays more than the normal rate if they like you.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Last night:

Western Carolina won
    Sienna won
    Missouri State won
    Lipscomb lost
    TCU won
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Some more trivia on Evansville over Kentucky...

It's the first time since the 1992-1993 season that a team from one of the 22 conferences that regularly get one bid (I HATE the term mid-major) beat the #1 ranked team in a true road game. I didn't know that until someone told me that.

Evansville was a 24pt underdog. UMBC was just a 20pt underdog when they knocked off Virginia.

It's not the kind of upset you see very often.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

The MVC really only became that kind of league in the last several years with Creighton and Wichita State departing. But man did they become that type of league with a vengeance. Last year the auto bid from the Valley got a 15 seed, right? Brutal what that league has become.

Evansville is expected to be terrible, but with the win last night they'll have every opportunity to build an at-large resume this year.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Some more trivia on Evansville over Kentucky...

It's the first time since the 1992-1993 season that a team from one of the 22 conferences that regularly get one bid (I HATE the term mid-major) beat the #1 ranked team in a true road game. I didn't know that until someone told me that.

Evansville was a 24pt underdog. UMBC was just a 20pt underdog when they knocked off Virginia.

It's not the kind of upset you see very often.
    Let us not forget that that was basically the same Evansville team that came into Cintas last November 2018 and gave Xavier a game and X won 91-85.
    Noteworthy in that game was the fact that Q was thrown out of the game for a flagrant 2 foul with 15 minutes left in the second half and the game tied. Hanky McSpanky and Tyrique had a fantastic game as did Paul Scruggs, but man that Aces team could and still can shoot the rock. As long as you can shoot, you always have a punchers chance. Also, I'm sure the only reason UK gave Evansville a game was because of alum Walter MCarty, who, by the way, is proving himself to be a helluva coach. He won't be at Evansville long.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The MVC really only became that kind of league in the last several years with Creighton and Wichita State departing. But man did they become that type of league with a vengeance. Last year the auto bid from the Valley got a 15 seed, right? Brutal what that league has become.

Evansville is expected to be terrible, but with the win last night they'll have every opportunity to build an at-large resume this year.
    Please do not forget that my Loyola Ramblers made the Final Four, our Promised Land, 2 years ago. They are in the Valley.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Please do not forget that my Loyola Ramblers made the Final Four, our Promised Land, 2 years ago. They are in the Valley.
    They did. That miracle run does not change the fact that the MVC went from excellent mid-major to dumpster fire with a quickness.

[B]Let us not forget that that was basically the same Evansville team that came into Cintas last November 2018 and gave Xavier a game and X won 91-85.
    Yes, the same Evansville team that was 11-21 and came in last in the horrible MVC. They sucked.

Also, they didn't shoot well yesterday. They were 9-30 from behind the arc. Granted, to us Xavier fans that sounds pretty good. :)
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 11-13-2019 at 02:55 PM.