Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    There are good teams that are good by top 25 standards. After that it is all relative. There are teams that are good by NCAA Tournament standards, by mid-major standards, by low major standards, etc.

Charleston Southern, no matter what the relative standard, is not good. Mizzou must be total dogshit.
    Mizzou is weird as in you'd expect them to be competent, they have some okay players, and some guys with some scoring ability, but then they go out and do stuff like lose to Charleston Southern, and you're not really sure wtf you were watching. Again so confused how we lost to them last year, and how it took OT this year.. it's a case study in "what the hell is going on??"

Kentucky and Michigan have agreed to a three game series, which begins in London next year. It's a souped up H-H-N series, with the N being in London.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Kentucky and Michigan have agreed to a three game series, which begins in London next year. It's a souped up H-H-N series, with the N being in London.
    London, KY?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    London, KY?
    I know that this is not the case, but PLEASE LET IT BE THE CASE ANYWAY!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Mizzou is weird as in you'd expect them to be competent, they have some okay players, and some guys with some scoring ability, but then they go out and do stuff like lose to Charleston Southern, and you're not really sure wtf you were watching. Again so confused how we lost to them last year, and how it took OT this year.. it's a case study in "what the hell is going on??"
    I wonder if it has something to do with the "culture" within the program. The HC owns that. The overriding idea of assembling a group of kids who play hard and want to win, even in the face of player deficiencies (e.g. inability to be effective from behind the arc).

Hey, what do you know. In no way do we have that problem at Xavier. We have plenty to work on, but we don't have a soft-sand foundation from which to work on all of it. Long live Travis Steele.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I wonder if it has something to do with the "culture" within the program. The HC owns that. The overriding idea of assembling a group of kids who play hard and want to win, even in the face of player deficiencies (e.g. inability to be effective from behind the arc).

Hey, what do you know. In no way do we have that problem at Xavier. We have plenty to work on, but we don't have a soft-sand foundation from which to work on all of it. Long live Travis Steele.
    Definitely could be a thing, you hear the word "culture" a lot, and many people write it off as cliche, I personally don't think it is. A perfect example is the New England Patriots, everybody on that roster buys in to "The Patriot Way," egos are held in check, and they're zoned into winning. Contrast that with the Cleveland Browns, who on paper have some pretty decent talent, but commit stupid penalties, etc. I definitely think culture plays into the mindset of a team, and you have to be just as mentally sound to be successful at a higher level.

I also agree that Coach Steele has that competitive, winning mindset. There's still some time for judgement to pass on that, but being around a program like ours instills the values of winning. Again, people may find it cliche, but a winning history and tradition are important. When you're around guys who are winners, such as Tu Holloway, you're ready to go to war for that guy.

DePaul wins again and moves to 9-0. Are they for real?

Given who they've beaten and where they've beaten them, if they're not for real then they've done an AMAZING job of faking it.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    London, KY?
    I know that this is not the case, but PLEASE LET IT BE THE CASE ANYWAY!!!
    I move for a neutral site in London, Ohio instead.

How did UNC manage to lose by 25 on their home court?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.