Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    It might be a "campus game" for that same tournament. The rules are that you can play up to four games within twelve days, so if it's an eight team bracketed tournament then sometimes teams will schedule each other in a non bracketed game to get an extra game out of the deal.
    I believe Florida played its campus game against Towson.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    It was a close game too. Florida won by 6
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

And UCONN played St. Joes in their campus game. Probably just a home and home - based on the broadcast yesterday, seems like they've played a few over the years (Napier hit a buzzer beater to beat Florida in 2013 and then wrecked them in the Final Four that same year).

Just one of those random semi-regular home and homes, like Xavier and Mizzou, who have seemingly played for 38 straight seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yes, but it's pretty unusual for the higher profile teams in those tournaments to play each other in "campus games", no?
    I guess it depends on if there are 8 teams with no campus games, or 12 teams with four teams that don't play in the main bracket games. I remember when we were in the Orlando tournament there were no campus games, so half of them ended up scheduling each other to get the extra game.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    And UCONN played St. Joes in their campus game. Probably just a home and home - based on the broadcast yesterday, seems like they've played a few over the years (Napier hit a buzzer beater to beat Florida in 2013 and then wrecked them in the Final Four that same year).

Just one of those random semi-regular home and homes, like Xavier and Mizzou, who have seemingly played for 38 straight seasons.
    That makes sense. So, to GO's point I guess it was kinda strange that they scheduled each other.

What a fantastically awful pun!!!

https://twitter.com/JimMWeber/status...91068580339713

They very nearly WAC'd them off to completion. Kentucky is struggling.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    They very nearly WAC'd them off to completion. Kentucky is struggling.
    This is one area I'll give Cal some props. This seems to happen early with kentucky seemingly every year due to the large influx of freshmen. They struggle, but by the middle to the end of the season, they look great and at least go to the second weekend in march. That's impressive to me that he is able to keep that many young attitudes in check and get them to play together. Really the only season I remember this not happening was the nerlens noel year when they ended up in the nit.

Kentucky fans hate Cal right now. They didn't bring him in to win one national title and go to three Final Fours (and lose to Evansville like he's Billy Gillispie). If he was going to completely change the identity of Kentucky basketball (it's about creating generational wealth! calling an NBA draft night the best night in Kentucky basketball history), Kentucky fans were only going to be on board if it meant overwhelming amounts of success. He needs another Anthony Davis or another undefeated team to calm the unrest.

I'm sure there were Kentucky fans that wanted to fire Cal at the end of regulation of their Elite Eight game against Auburn. He shouldn't need overtime to get to the Final Four.