Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Bob Knight is a terrible person, so I guess I don't feel too sorry for him, but IU exploiting a guy with dementia who vowed otherwise not to come back was sad.
    I thought he was going to clock Dick Vitale, that would have been incredible.

This site currently has Xavier vs Cincinnati in the playin game. https://bracketologists.com/bracket/

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    This site currently has Xavier vs Cincinnati in the playin game. https://bracketologists.com/bracket/
    They wouldn’t put them together since they played during the season if there is a way to avoid it without moving anyone out of the First Four. New guideline this year.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    They wouldn’t put them together since they played during the season if there is a way to avoid it without moving anyone out of the First Four. New guideline this year.
    True and this site has matchups based on NET rankings which you have described correctly as not reality.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    They would have to play Oklahoma if that was the 1st 4 since they also played florida already. X will be higher than a 12 and after Memphis beats cincy the bear kittens will be basically done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    VCU is a complete fraud. And after watching Houston destroy Wichita State, there isn't enough air freshener in that conference to cover up the stink of their profiles.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Not today. Now X is an 11-seed, while UC plays Florida in Dayton.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Based on the top 16 that the committee released, they seem to at least be factoring in the predictive metrics like KenPom and a few others. The most obvious example of that is Dayton. Their resume tops out with a neutral win against SMC, and a road win at Saint Louis. While the resume is good, it's very rare that you see a team on one of the top two lines didn't beat anyone in the top half of the bracket. The stated reason at the teleconference was their metrics, and that both of their losses were in overtime. While I certainly agree that overtime losses to teams like Kansas shouldn't count against you, I don't know if I agree that it should be a point of merit.

Michigan State is another example of a team that is seeded higher than just the value of their wins and losses. They did win at Seton Hall and Minnesota, but Minnesota probably won't make the field, and other than that they've basically beaten teams at home that are good overall, but that are bad in true road games. Yet, they get a protected seed, and the only thing you can really point to is the predictive metrics.

Another thing that they seem to be obsessed with a little more than they should is OOC SOS. I agree that it's very important to play a tough schedule, but the reason it's important is because you need wins that will impress the committee, and the tougher your schedule is, the easier it is to do that. I'm not in favor of rewarding teams who played a tough schedule and didn't play well against it simply because they played a tough schedule. But, they seem to be doing that too. Penn State was ahead of Michigan State in the standings, had won at Michigan State, had more road wins, and better overall wins, yet they were seeded behind Michigan State. The stated reason?? OOC SOS. Well, if you have better wins than another team despite the fact that your schedule wasn't quite as tough, shouldn the fact that you have better wins be good enough??

So, once again, they're looking at things as if they were a bunch of ADs and commissioners. Which is, I guess, exactly what they are.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Some UC undergraduates decided to see where all the money went.
    Unsurprisingly, a lot goes to an athletic department leaking like a sieve.

https://www.boldlybankrupt.com/
    And more evidence why UConn had to call off the chase.

Supporting Member
    Florida state, just like unc, got duked. Ten seconds left, duke up 3, duke should have got a flagrant 1 called on them, instead foul on florida state. Such a joke