Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    What a strange year, with OSU near the bottom of the Big 10, and UNC with a losing record and at the very bottom of the ACC with a 1-6 conference record.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    What a strange year, with OSU near the bottom of the Big 10, and UNC with a losing record and at the very bottom of the ACC with a 1-6 conference record.
    ...and Rutgers is in the rankings.

Every year seems like it's a strange year, but this year is a strange year for strange reasons.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    And Xavier with a 2-4 conference records. I've seen 8-20 UNC (I was a student there that year). I've not seen below .500 Xavier in conference play in my fan lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    And Xavier with a 2-4 conference records. I've seen 8-20 UNC (I was a student there that year). I've not seen below .500 Xavier in conference play in my fan lifetime.
    Umm….last year X was below .500 until they went on a tear at the end of the year.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Umm….last year X was below .500 until they went on a tear at the end of the year.
    I mean at end the year, of course. Obviously still time to turn this shit around this year, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    It’s just a shame only 10% of the seats there are any good.
    This is so true especially if your in the second deck! First you can’t see then you look up and start wondering if there’s any chance the big cement blocks will fall.

Last year was a great year for teams that are in the regular one bid leagues. Buffalo got a 6 seed and deserved it, Wofford got a 7 and probably deserved a better one, Belmont got an at-large bid, and Liberty and New Mexico State got 12 seeds but were better than a lot of teams that got at large bits. UC Irvine and Murray Statealso made the round of 32.

This year, we’ve got.......

Well, last year was a great year, wasn’t it!!??
    Last edited by xubrew; 01-24-2020 at 11:57 AM.

San Diego State and Dayton aren't in "traditional" one bid leagues, but close enough at this point. And they're in the top 5. Ditto Gonzaga.

To me, there are 10 regular multii-bid leagues, or at least leagues that have their first place team inside the bubble over 90 percent of the time, and 22 under the radar leagues. The A10, even in years where it grossly underperforms, still gets their first place team in a position to where they don't need the auto-bid to make the field.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    To me, there are 10 regular multii-bid leagues, or at least leagues that have their first place team inside the bubble over 90 percent of the time, and 22 under the radar leagues. The A10, even in years where it grossly underperforms, still gets their first place team in a position to where they don't need the auto-bid to make the field.
    Welp, the A10 is abjectly bad this year, but they will probably get 2 in? Although VCU, the second ranked A10 team to VD in Kenpom (VD 4, VCU 47), is definitely bubbling at best. Besides them, only Rhody falls in the Top 60.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell