Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    no blood was drawn... WEAK

Supporting Member
    Great, I can’t wait for all the crosstown punch out tapes to come out and the comparisons be made. Somehow we’re going to be blamed for this...
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Evansville has now officially fired Walter McCarthy and hired Todd Lickliter, who is the complete and total inverse of Walter McCarthy.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I blame Monmouth guy for the Kansas fight. The Big 12 will likely suspend Monmouth guy for the season as they need to be seen as strong on these sorts of issues.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I love the games, I don’t always love the people.
    In my limited exposure to the 2 of them, I believe that Gillen and Prosser were the exceptions. Both seemed like genuinely nice guys. Miller had an edge to him. But Mack was a case of, ok he's our guy even though he seems like a bigtime dick. Which it turns out he was. He screwed us, but how was he going to be able to get all that UL money, if he won a NC with X ? He sabotaged his own school, so Eff him.

As annoying as the media scrutiny was after the X/Clifton brawl, I gotta give it credit for one positive thing...

No one in the media calls us Egg-zavier anymore

The media is exceptionally annoying whenever something like this happens. They're out yelling for blood now, but they'll use these same videos to promote future games between these two for years.

"This is as bad as it gets!!" "This is the worst thing I've seen in forty years!!"

Give me a f***ing break. It was a fight. It was bad, and it should be taken seriously, and there should be consequences for those who were involved. It was not a rape or sexual assault, which we've seen a lot of around college football and basketball, and when we have seen it we have not seen this kind of a reaction. It was not a hold up, or a violent attack on some unwitting participant, or a music video where players were rapping about fellow female students (Okay, that was a football incident, but still), or any number of despicable things that happen somewhat regularly that are way worse than this. It was a fight. It was bad. There need to be consequences. But, it was ONLY a fight. Had that same thing happened at a bar, which it does somewhere pretty much every night, and not during a basketball game, then it would have probably made the news because it involved basketball players, but it wouldn't have generated this kind of a response. This is actually all kind of silly. When Miami's and Florida's football teams got into a drunken brawl in the middle of the street before the Super Bowl, no one was suspended, or even disciplined, and no one in the media was even saying that they should be. Yet, this is the worst thing they've ever seen in forty years. A brawl that lasted less than a minute.

Dick Vitale saying it was the worst thing he'd seen in forty years. Baylor had a player who MURDERED two of his teammates!!! And the coach covered it up!! that was FAR worse!!
    Last edited by xubrew; 01-22-2020 at 10:34 AM.

I didn’t even think it was bad. Lots of “HOLD ME BACK” tough guys that scurried when approached. De Sousa deserves a big penalty as he was stomping guys on the ground and actively looking to hit someone. And he started it.

It could have been worse. The teams could have elected to make the players available to the media after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    It could have been worse. The teams could have elected to make the players available to the media after the game.
    No one would do something that stupid. Be serious.