Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Dayton is a lot better than Xavier right now. Dayton is a lot better than a lot of teams right now. They may have just played in a triple header that no one in Phoenix outside of the GCU fans really cared about, but they totally ran over a pretty solid SMC team. And, that's just it. Being able to get focused for a big opponent in a big event like Maui is a lot easier than getting focused for a good team in an event almost no one knows about. That's what they traditionally are so bad at doing, yet they blasted Saint Mary's yesterday.
    I watched that game. SMC being solid....I don't now about that. Yes, Dayton looks very good. Especially when the shots are falling. They look to have multiple shooters all over the floor. They will go through a rough patch......and we will see if they can peak in March.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Speaking of, nice "road" win for Liberty in Phoenix over GCU. 11-0 for the Flames.
    Their schedule has been a pastry cart, but I think Liberty is legit. They've got a few tests coming up, but they're good enough to win those games.

A few years ago Liberty decided to dump a ton of money into athletics. I must say, they're getting noticeably better, and not just in basketball.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I watched that game. SMC being solid....I don't now about that. Yes, Dayton looks very good. Especially when the shots are falling. They look to have multiple shooters all over the floor. They will go through a rough patch......and we will see if they can peak in March.
    Imagine if they were able to keep McKinley Wright. Colorado should be a good game.
    2023 Sweet 16

Is Duquesne a story?? Maybe they are and maybe they aren't, but I must say that I'm intrigued.

I like Keith Dambrot, and I thought Duquesne was stupid for not making him their first choice. If you remember that whole charade, he was actually their fourth choice. I don't remember who the others were, but he was clearly better than all three of them.

They won 19 games last year (although they did kind of crumble down the stretch), and they're unbeaten so far this season. I know their schedule is a pastry cart, but we're talking about Duquesne. For the longest time they couldn't even beat teams of that caliber, much less all of them. That, and when a program has no culture or history of winning whatsoever, sometimes it just feels good to get people used to winning, even if it's against weak teams.

Now, I don't think they're NCAA Tournament good, but they are TONS better than what they were three years ago, and they've been improving at a consistent rate. I think he's turning them around. I really do. As bizarre as it may seem, we may see Duquesne in the NCAA Tournament somewhat frequently in the very near future.

They also don't have a home court this year because their arena is being renovated, so they're playing at three or four different places, including a div3 school, which is yet another challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Speaking of, nice "road" win for Liberty in Phoenix over GCU. 11-0 for the Flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Their schedule has been a pastry cart, but I think Liberty is legit. They've got a few tests coming up, but they're good enough to win those games.

A few years ago Liberty decided to dump a ton of money into athletics. I must say, they're getting noticeably better, and not just in basketball.
    A football note, but Liberty has just signed Hugh Freeze to a five year extension, and although the exact details aren't public because...well...it's Liberty, they are indicating that he is now the highest paid Group of 5 head coach. Liberty is spending that money.

Maybe a better investment than Cabana Boy.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Chris Beard might be the best coach in college basketball.

Louisville first loss...

Shame.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Louisville first loss...

Shame.
    Hate to see it...
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Another night without many games. This is ridiculous! I know it's exam week. What I don't get is what the hell exams have to do with college basketball! Why do they have to take these exams? It makes an entire week of the season more boring than it should be! Ask any college student! They'd rather be watching basketball than studying for exams! The NCAA needs to fix this!! #Priorities