Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

Championship Week 2020

Automatic bids won (3):
    Utah State - Mountain West (possible bid thief)
    Belmont - Ohio Valley
    Winthrop - Big South

Currently got a great Missouri Valley game in progress (Bradley/Valpo) along with the A-Sun Championship now underway between Lipscomb/Liberty.

Also worth noting that there's a chance Xavier could beat two auto bid teams (Lipscomb and Siena) and maybe Western Carolina if they can pull a shocker today. Of course, there's the potential cruel irony of WCU stealing a bid from Xavier, so there's that.

ETSU has a NET of 40.
    They now play Wofford in the SoCon final tomorrow night (courtesy of a last few seconds shot by Wofford)
    If Wofford somehow sneaks out a win, would ETSU stay in?
    The matrix has them as the first 12; Bracketville as an 11.

Edit: Wofford has had an up and down season. Beat UNC at Carmichael, lost to ETSU by a point away, and lost to them by 6 at home.
    Last edited by paulxu; 03-08-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

If ETSU would have lost the title game to a Furman or UNC-Greensboro, I'd say yes.

For this year's Wofford team, I would strongly recommend that ETSU not blow this.

All-Conference
    I was going to cue the annual Pat Kelsey to X tease, yet I see plenty of others have already done that in another thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I was going to cue the annual Pat Kelsey to X tease, yet I see plenty of others have already done that in another thread lol.
    I don't know. Kelsey's looking good at Winthrop. Maybe he and Steele will be Trading Places, then once Kelsey takes us to a Final 4 he'll be in the running for the Duke job.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    ETSU has a NET of 40.
    They now play Wofford in the SoCon final tomorrow night (courtesy of a last few seconds shot by Wofford)
    If Wofford somehow sneaks out a win, would ETSU stay in?
    The matrix has them as the first 12; Bracketville as an 11.

Edit: Wofford has had an up and down season. Beat UNC at Carmichael, lost to ETSU by a point away, and lost to them by 6 at home.
    I'd like to think the committee would still take them, but I'm not sure. Northern Iowa is also very close to the cut line.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I am hoping my SLU Billikens can win back to back A10 tourney's and make it to the dance. They have had a really solid season (blew a late 13 point lead against UD at SLU and lost in OT) and enter as the 4 seed. They won 4 in 4 days last year but have a double bye this year and only need to win 3. They cant get an at large but they are like the 8-9th team out in most bracketologists I have seen. They return 9 of their top 10 players next year too, I expect a tourney bid next year.

Need to make sure the dont steal a bid from X though if they do win the A10, so lets take care of business X.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 03-09-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I feel the same way about the Spiders.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Richmond has a shot to get in without the auto bid. I'd like to think that having Bernie McGlade on the Selection Committee can only help their chances.

Supporting Member
    What a turd being dropped by Wright St.