Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Hopefully this is the point in the year where we start to string together a bunch of wins against good teams.
    That would be awesome, because our wins to date against good teams are @TCU and.....did I mention @TCU? Sunday would be a nice day to double that total!

De Sousa got a 12 game suspension for his role in the Kansas v K State game. It could have been 100 games and there would have still been people who like to yell at clouds yelling about how it wasn't enough. I don't recall a college player in any sport ever getting a suspension that long for fighting. LaGarrette Blount god 11 games after he went crazy and cold cocked a Boise State player and then several of his own teammates, but that suspension was handed down by the coach. The Pac 12 would have probably only suspended him for 3 or 4 games. Granted, that's football, and 3 games is 25 percent of the season, but still.

I'm not saying it was too harsh. I'm saying that people who think that this was a light punishment are nuts. 12 games is VERY steep. There have been worse fights where the punishments were way less than that. I really think that because this was on TV, and because all the talking heads who yell at clouds were out yelling for blood, that it made the conference want to come down more harshly than they otherwise would have.

Sidenote: The NCAA does not hand down suspensions for fighting during the regular season. The conference league offices handle it.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I mean, he tried to hit someone with a chair. I think that's probably enough to not have him play in college anymore.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I mean, he tried to hit someone with a chair. I think that's probably enough to not have him play in college anymore.
    Agreed. There is a difference between using your fists, and going wwe style with what would be considered a weapon.

I do think the other parts of the "fight" have been overblown but picking up a chair is effing nuts. Good thing someone yanked it from him or the guy would probably be in jail this morning.

Btw this was k states fault for not taking a loss like men and backing away when the game was over. I dont fault kansas for reacting and blocking the shot at all. And I freaking hate kansas.

It was the same thing in Xs fight with uc....uc couldn't handle that they got their ass whooped.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-23-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I see your point.

But, he didn’t hit anyone with a chair. Just like two guys that go at each other don’t end up actually fighting is someone gets between them.

And, right or wrong, there have been football fights where guys were swinging helmets and connecting, and stomping on people with their cleats (Miami v FIU) and the suspensions weren’t that stiff. Perhaps they should have been.

My only point is that this is not a light punishment. There has never been one this severe that I can recall. A player who attacked a fan (albeit not with a chair), got less than half this.

I'm not explaining my point very well.

What bothers me as much as the fight itself, and if I'm totally honest it probably bothers me even more than the fight itself, is how so many people seem to use it as an opportunity to get mad about something, and then be seen getting mad about it. I don't mean to come off as believing that this wasn't a big deal or that nothing should have been done about it. I just can't stand all the opportunistic soap boxes that always appear after something like this happens.

"HE SHOULD BE ARRESTED!

"HE SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL AND OUT OF THE GAME!"

"THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED HAD HE NOT BLOCKED THE SHOT!!" (one of my favorites).

Jesus....SHUT UP!!!! Please go back to quietly wishing you were someone important. (This is directed toward those in the media and on social media, not really anyone here)

Now I know we've had two brawls in the past week so this is kind of poorly timed, but brawling really isn't a problem in college basketball. It has happened before, and it will happen again, but considering that there are thousands of games played every year, and that it's an emotional and physical game, and that on average I'd say there is less than one big brawl a season, that's pretty damn good. So, those that say that the NCAA needs to step in and clean this up and what a disgrace this is to the sport....no, it's not! There are, in fact, LOTS of things that the NCAA needs to clean up, but things like this are actually very isolated incidents.
    Last edited by xubrew; 01-23-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Due to the fact the chair was a small chair I think 12 games is correct. I think of it were a bigger chair maybe a bigger punishment would have be warranted. Tiny chair =12 games
    Med Chair= 15 games
    Large Chair= season
    Lazy Boy=college
    Couch= no games because that would be amazing
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    "THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED HAD HE NOT BLOCKED THE SHOT!!" (one of my favorites).
    I applaud DeSousa for hustling down the court and blocking that douchebag's shot and then standing over him. I hope he received credit for it.
    Xville is right, K St couldn't just take their ass kicking and go home.

Sophomore
    HUGE shot by marcus carr to beat OSU. OSU has totally collapsed. kaleb wesson just isn't as good as advertised
    Last edited by scoscox; 01-23-2020 at 07:42 PM.