Page 60 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I never liked mack and didnt think he was the one that could get us to that final 2%, I also talked with some of his in law family members here about how the whole louisville thing went down and frankly I think hes a big piece of shit for it. He could have waited until xaviers season was over.
    I don't care if he already agreed to be Louisvilles head coach. I don't think he wanted it any less that year for X. A guy in his position (Coaching at his alma mater) doesn't give up on the season when you are a 1 seed. I have no doubt the louisville thing had zero impact on the FSU game.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I don't care if he already agreed to be Louisvilles head coach. I don't think he wanted it any less that year for X. A guy in his position (Coaching at his alma mater) doesn't give up on the season when you are a 1 seed. I have no doubt the louisville thing had zero impact on the FSU game.
    Well that's where we are going to have to agree to disagree because I think it has a gigantic impact.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The thing is, he's only a couple wins away from them loving him again, and there is a very good chance that they go 8-1 in their next nine games. I was a ridiculously huge Louisville fan growing up. I've since recovered, but I still know how they generally thing. They don't really factor in how good the teams are that they're playing because in their minds they should be better than whoever their opponents are anyway. So, not many people will say "well, yeah, we've won 8 of 9, but who have we played?" They'll just say...WAHOO!! We've won 8 of 9! We're going to win it all!!!
    Louisville fans like Chris Mack again!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Louisville fans like Chris Mack again!!
    I don't think there's ever been a coach in the history of coaches who wasn't loved by their fanbase following a win over Dook at Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I don't think there's ever been a coach in the history of coaches who wasn't loved by their fanbase following a win over Dook at Cameron.
    Spartanburg sure loved them some Mike Young, and Jay McAuley.
    And curiously, had no problem with Young taking the VT job after the best season in their history.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Mike Young was making less than $200k at Wofford. Not quite the same situation some other guy we're talking about was in.

Well, that's a good point. Although Mack surely got a little more from Louisville.

Mack definitely got paid, but unlike with Young Xavier was already paying Mack "FU money".

It's possible our grapes are getting more sour as we struggle this season.

Hard for me to get upset at someone taking a higher paying job. Most people would do that, especially if it's doing something you love. Even if it's more FU dollars.

I'm not upset with those guys personally. I just want them to be abject failures professionally once they leave Xavier.