Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    His "program" and "strategy" are not going to win multiple national championships. He needs some guys to stick around for 2-3 years. Not everyone can go pro after 1 year...I just don't see it working out. Sure, they are great players but continuity and familiarity with the tourney and tough games is learned through experience.......

Jon “Water Boy” Rothstein with the “Stupid Tweet of the Week”.

“Kentucky's performances against both Evansville and Utah Valley are a prime example of why many coaches HATE buy games. Nothing to gain. Everything to lose. Hard to motivate. #BBN”

Uh, Mickey Cronin worked “Buy games” into a job at UCLA. It certainly wasn’t his performance in the NCAA Tourney.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    His "program" and "strategy" are not going to win multiple national championships. He needs some guys to stick around for 2-3 years. Not everyone can go pro after 1 year...I just don't see it working out. Sure, they are great players but continuity and familiarity with the tourney and tough games is learned through experience.......
    Dont see what working out? Hes been to multiple final fours, won a title, been a runner up where he got Shabazz napiered. I'm not a kentucky or cal fan by any means, but I think it's worked out just fine, though probably not to the nutty uk fan standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Dont see what working out? Hes been to multiple final fours, won a title, been a runner up where he got Shabazz napiered. I'm not a kentucky or cal fan by any means, but I think it's worked out just fine, though probably not to the nutty uk fan standards.
    I always love this "debate."

305 wins in 10 seasons, Elite 8 or better 60% of the time (including one national title and one runner up) and the most players of any school on NBA rosters (racking up approximately $2 billion (this is a real number) in NBA contracts).

Not working out at all!

Honestly, my description doesn't really do it justice when you think of how tight the Wisconsin FF and UNC E8 games were. UK is a hair away from those numbers being even more insane.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 11-19-2019 at 02:17 PM.

UK fans aren't close to happy about the way things are going. Particularly the way things are trending.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    UK fans aren't close to happy about the way things are going. Particularly the way things are trending.
    True..but that just proves what we all know...uk fans are effing morons.

I never said he wasn't wildly successful. I said winning national championships with his strategy is hard to do. There's a big difference.

If just a handful of those players would have opted to stay another year, he would very likely have 3-4 national championships over that span.

And yes, UK fans are total morons........

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I never said he wasn't wildly successful. I said winning national championships with his strategy is hard to do. There's a big difference.

If just a handful of those players would have opted to stay another year, he would very likely have 3-4 national championships over that span.

And yes, UK fans are total morons........
    I just think it's hard to win a championship no matter what the strategy...this one and done has been in effect for what 13 seasons and this "strategy" has two titles 1 kentucky and 1 duke. Not horrible.

I just think it's hard to win a championship no matter what the strategy...this one and done has been in effect for what 13 seasons and this "strategy" has two titles 1 kentucky and 1 duke. Not horrible.
    That's the same number of titles that Villanova has in that stretch. I think Kentucky and Dook fans would disagree about the not horrible part.

Just wondering how many of those saying that UK fans are “upset” or “not happy” actually live in KY and have daily dealings with UK fans? Or are they just reading some message boards and some sports opinion writers?

Sure, UK fans want to win the championship every year, and that’s what they feel the goal is every year. But I’m not hearing any conversations from friends and family members calling for Cal’s head or looking to make a change. Only winning the championship every year is going to totally satisfy the most ardent UK fans, but the fans I know (and I do live here and have for 30 years) are pretty reasonable and know that it’s not going to happen every year. They want it to, but they understand that in today’s world that it’s not going to happen. I hear nothing in the way of any negative talk about Coach Cal from the common fans.