Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    7-0 and 4-0 in the B12 challenge.
    Big East is going to be a blood-bath this year, a lot of teams have potential to be pretty damn good. Butler looks sneakingly strong, and with Marquette and Seton Hall, Howard and Powell can win a game on their own. So happy to be in this conference.

I just realized that Texas v Texas A&M was on ABC. I don’t think ABC has shown college basketball in like ten years. Apparently they will have several games this year.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    College hoops took a backseat in recent years to the NBA on Sundays, but what's happened recently is that ABC now has their NBA games on Saturday night. It's still an ESPN production, but it's good to get it back on ABC after their hiatus.

Next weekend will also see CBS begin their college hoops broadcasts for the season as well.

Sophomore
    Dayton looking good vs St. Mary’s. Dayton has some good shooters to go along with Toppin. Will be interesting to see how far they go this year.

Dayton is def a good team this year. They will dance for sure and they have sweet 16 talent. However VD will not play one true road game until conference play. St Mary’s was in Phoenix and they play Colorodo in Chicago. That’s clever scheduling. The game vs St Mary’s looked like a closed gym. I wonder how they will react when they play a true road game.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Dayton looking good vs St. Mary’s. Dayton has some good shooters to go along with Toppin. Will be interesting to see how far they go this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Dayton is def a good team this year. They will dance for sure and they have sweet 16 talent. However VD will not play one true road game until conference play. St Mary’s was in Phoenix and they play Colorodo in Chicago. That’s clever scheduling. The game vs St Mary’s looked like a closed gym. I wonder how they will react when they play a true road game.
    Shhh stop it guys, Dad's gonna yell at us again for lifting little brother up!!

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Big East is going to be a blood-bath this year, a lot of teams have potential to be pretty damn good. Butler looks sneakingly strong, and with Marquette and Seton Hall, Howard and Powell can win a game on their own. So happy to be in this conference.
    Butler is playing the strongest, most balanced basketball in the conference right now, per BartTorvik.com
    http://barttorvik.com/conf.php?conf=BE

Here is is the poster for the classic that dayton played in today.
    EXPLOSIVE!!!!

The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is bringing the Jerry Colangelo Classic to downtown Phoenix on Sunday, December 8! This college basketball triple header features an explosive lineup!

Tip off times:

11:30am - Tulane vs. St. Louis

2:00pm - Saint Mary's vs. University of Dayton

4:30pm - GCU vs. Liberty
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Dayton is a lot better than Xavier right now. Dayton is a lot better than a lot of teams right now. They may have just played in a triple header that no one in Phoenix outside of the GCU fans really cared about, but they totally ran over a pretty solid SMC team. And, that's just it. Being able to get focused for a big opponent in a big event like Maui is a lot easier than getting focused for a good team in an event almost no one knows about. That's what they traditionally are so bad at doing, yet they blasted Saint Mary's yesterday.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Speaking of, nice "road" win for Liberty in Phoenix over GCU. 11-0 for the Flames.