Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    The AP Poll is out. Michigan went from being unranked to being ranked #4th. I'm not sure what the biggest jump in the history of the polls is, but that's got to be up there. They received just two votes in the initial preseason poll.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The AP Poll is out. Michigan went from being unranked to being ranked #4th. I'm not sure what the biggest jump in the history of the polls is, but that's got to be up there. They received just two votes in the initial preseason poll.
    Impressive. I was thinking maybe Ball State after their Maui run in 2001, but it only got them up to #16 (and they ended up not making the NCAA Tournament).

And after that wonderful binge of exempt tournaments, we've got....practically nothing for the next couple weeks. :/
    #1 vs. #4 tomorrow night. Replay of a national championship game that actually never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    #1 vs. #4 tomorrow night. Replay of a national championship game that actually never happened.
    It's a shame that championship game never happened because it was pretty good from what I remember.

If Michigan beats Louisville tonight, it would be their third win against a top ten team away from home in less than a week. I cannot recall a team ever doing that before.

Went looking for some under the radar teams that might be worth paying attention to. Still developing given the competition they've played, but I'll keep watching:

Liberty - Jerry Fallwell U. is 10-0. @Vandy and @LSU loom
    Delaware - Blue Hens are 9-0. They host Villanova next week.
    Northern Iowa - 8-1 with the only loss to a really good WV team, and they definitely should have won. @Colorado this week.
    San Diego State - Are the 8-0 Aztecs back? They still host Utah but should really enter the MWC season undefeated.
    East Tennessee State - 7-1 with the only loss by 12 at Allen Fieldhouse. Will visit LSU later this month.
    SF Austin - 7-1 and, well, you know. @Alabama later this week.
    Santa Clara - Forget SMC and Gonzaga. SC is 8-1 with its only loss at Stanford. Gets @Nevada and Cal this week.

Good list!

I still think that when New Mexico State gets all their players healthy, which so far as I know is supposed to be before conference play, that they will be seriously good. Not just under the radar good, but top 40 good. The problem is that they've already lost too many games, and I don't think the selection committee will care that they were without so many key players early on, so one of their wins better be that last WAC Tournament game. But still, this is a team that had Auburn beat last year, and had they just held on to win I think they would have won the next game and gone to the Sweet Sixteen. Everybody is back, but a lot of them are injured. If they end up in the NCAAs as a #13 or #14 seed, then I feel bad for whoever it is that has to play them in that first game.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Went looking for some under the radar teams that might be worth paying attention to. Still developing given the competition they've played, but I'll keep watching:

Liberty - Jerry Fallwell U. is 10-0. @Vandy and @LSU loom
    Delaware - Blue Hens are 9-0. They host Villanova next week.
    Northern Iowa - 8-1 with the only loss to a really good WV team, and they definitely should have won. @Colorado this week.
    San Diego State - Are the 8-0 Aztecs back? They still host Utah but should really enter the MWC season undefeated.
    East Tennessee State - 7-1 with the only loss by 12 at Allen Fieldhouse. Will visit LSU later this month.
    SF Austin - 7-1 and, well, you know. @Alabama later this week.
    Santa Clara - Forget SMC and Gonzaga. SC is 8-1 with its only loss at Stanford. Gets @Nevada and Cal this week.
    No love for the Bowling Green State University Falcons?

I think my eyes are bleeding after watching the first half of the Louisville v Michigan game.

Supporting Member
    I think my eyes are bleeding after watching the first half of the Louisville v Michigan game.
    Michigan doesnt look good tonight, but it's weird seeing a mack coached team play defense.