Page 28 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Fffffffffuck providence

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Fffffffffuck providence
    Let's talk about how overrated Ed Cooley is...

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I see your Ed Cooley and raise you a Greg McDermott. We were disappointed over losing to San Diego State last year, but the Aztecs smoked Creighton last night.

Supporting Member
    I said it last year and I'll say it again this year...there are some teams in our league that need better coaches:

Wojo
    McDermott
    Cooley

I dont know about providence but I do know that with the fan support, facilities etc that Marquette and Creighton can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I said it last year and I'll say it again this year...there are some teams in our league that need better coaches:

Wojo
    McDermott
    Cooley
    So, how long of a string does the new kid on the block get before they begin to rate him one way or another?

Big cudos for recruiting to this point - but...is he still working with (he whose name shall not be uttered) recruits?

Next year, if all, if not three of the four, core four leave...it's his baby.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    So, how long of a string does the new kid on the block get before they begin to rate him one way or another?

Big cudos for recruiting to this point - but...is he still working with (he whose name shall not be uttered) recruits?

Next year, if all, if not three of the four, core four leave...it's his baby.
    Think you get 3 years, but I have 100% faith in Steele. Recruiting is getting there, and defense is 100 times better than last year. Still need shooters but I believe Steele recognized that last year having recruited kyky, and the 2020 class. Team may take a step back next year because they are going to be insanely young, but think after that, the program is really going to stabilize and final fours are going to be in x's future. Heck, if shooting improves, final four could happen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Think you get 3 years, but I have 100% faith in Steele. Recruiting is getting there, and defense is 100 times better than last year. Still need shooters but I believe Steele recognized that last year having recruited kyky, and the 2020 class. Team may take a step back next year because they are going to be insanely young, but think after that, the program is really going to stabilize and final fours are going to be in x's future. Heck, if shooting improves, final four could happen this year.
    Yup, with you on that, Steele is on his way to something great. The recruiting has been impressive, and the defense has been much much better than in years past. I do wish we had shooters, but Kyky in this class, Wilcher in the next, he's working on it, I think we'll take a step back as well next year, but I'm also looking forward into seeing if we'll be adding some grad transfers to add experience, and some depth. We're gonna be young, but damn the future looks so bright.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yup, with you on that, Steele is on his way to something great. The recruiting has been impressive, and the defense has been much much better than in years past. I do wish we had shooters, but Kyky in this class, Wilcher in the next, he's working on it, I think we'll take a step back as well next year, but I'm also looking forward into seeing if we'll be adding some grad transfers to add experience, and some depth. We're gonna be young, but damn the future looks so bright.
    Don't forget top 50 player Odom
    Balls of Steele!!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    If Providence can't beat Long Beach or Charleston, how are they going to beat either Central Florida or Pepperdine?

Meanwhile, Wake will at least have a shot at winning the Wooden Legacy (although that's a longshot given that they'd likely face Arizona in the final).

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Don't forget top 50 player Odom
    I didn't include him because he's not going to be a knock down shooter, but yeah he's going to be special by all means. He can get to the rim at will, and really is going to bring an aggressive scoring dimension. I'm excited for him as well.