Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Elias Harden had a rough go of it last night for what should be a pretty good Jacksonville State team. 3 points on 1-7 shooting (1-4 from 3) in a 74-65 loss to SMU. That was a big opportunity for them and a game they had a real chance to win.
    Jax State has mastered the JUCO transfer market in recent years. Well, at least by the standards of the OVC and similar leagues.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Ray Harper is also a shady motherfucker and a pretty good coach.

Cincinnati v Ohio State tonight.

I love the Crosstown Shootout, and I know that UC is a rival, but I don't really hate them. I do, however, HATE Ohio State. I am openly rooting for UC tonight. It was a failed effort, but I rooted for them about a month ago when the two played in football.

For some reason Wisconsin played St. Mary's College of California in South Dakota. The Gaels won by two points.

And why is Louisville playing a conference game against Miami on the first night? Louisville won by 13 points.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    For some reason Wisconsin played St. Mary's College of California in South Dakota. The Gaels won by two points.

And why is Louisville playing a conference game against Miami on the first night? Louisville won by 13 points.
    The Corn Palace in SD always hosts a "marquee" early season game. The ACC Network wanted to promote itself with conference games on opening day, so you got that one and I think NC State/Georgia Tech.

Nevermind, this game wasn't actually at the Corn Palace, so I don't really know.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 11-06-2019 at 01:06 PM.

SMC v Wisky is an ESPN event. I think there are four games in Sioux Falls this week. Oklahoma is also playing Minnesota out there.

With the exception of Duke who was in the Champions Classic, the other 14 ACC teams opened the season with a conference game this year to promote the ACC Network. Boston College plays Wake Forest tonight. That means that one of them will be in first place for close to two months. Something just doesn't feel right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    SMC v Wisky is an ESPN event. I think there are four games in Sioux Falls this week. Oklahoma is also playing Minnesota out there.

With the exception of Duke who was in the Champions Classic, the other 14 ACC teams opened the season with a conference game this year to promote the ACC Network. Boston College plays Wake Forest tonight. That means that one of them will be in first place for close to two months. Something just doesn't feel right about that.
    Thanks for the clarification, I thought it was weird as hell. UNC and Notre Dame, UVA and Syracuse tonight as well.. just seems so.. off for some reason. And apparently I was very ignorant about this "recruiting class" think because apparently that Cole Anthony kid from UNC is supposed to be something amazing, granted it was a Bilas ESPN article, but may have to tune in to see what the hype is about.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Ray Harper is also a shady motherfucker and a pretty good coach.
    And had no idea that his team was playing 5-on-6 at the end of a game.

Mick Cronin had a rough debut. They beat Long Beach State, but it wasn't easy.

In case you're wondering if Long Beach State is any good this year, they're not. Not even by Big West standards.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    In case you're wondering if Long Beach State is any good this year, they're not. Not even by Big West standards.
    How can you disrespect Dan Monson like that?!? The fact that he's still there shows how little they care and how low their standards are.