Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charleston

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    My wife and I went to Charleston for the first time this summer for a friend's wedding. We had a great time. I'm sure there is a way to do it cheap, but we certainly didn't. Not necessarily by design, but it just kind of happened that way. 82 Queen was probably our favorite restaurant that we ate at - fantastic brunch. As far as I can tell, basically all you do in Charleston is eat, drink, shop, repeat.

Tommy Condons was about the only place that I remember going that I might call cheap. If you are looking for a fairly no-frills pub to grab a drink it is definitely worth checking out (at least as far as I remember).
    You forgot history! Fabulous place for American history. Highly recommend you take one of the carriage tours. Also many historic houses to tour as well as Ft Sumter, Harbor tours, and the historic Yorktown Aircraft Carrier in dry dock available for self touring. There also several historic plantations in the area for touring.

For any Xavier fans who will be attending the Charleston Classic, a group of Cincinnati Muskies will be pre gaming at The Charleston Beer Works located at 480 King Street prior to Fridays game. We have reserved an outdoor patio weather permitting or an upstairs area if needed. One of the owners is a St X grad and a Muskie fan.
    Go X

Quote Originally Posted by SIGNMAN View Post
    For any Xavier fans who will be attending the Charleston Classic, a group of Cincinnati Muskies will be pre gaming at The Charleston Beer Works located at 480 King Street prior to Fridays game. We have reserved an outdoor patio weather permitting or an upstairs area if needed. One of the owners is a St X grad and a Muskie fan.
    Go X
    Now this is valuable information
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Pumped up to be hitting the road tomorrow. I have never been to the Holy City.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Pumped up to be hitting the road tomorrow. I have never been to the Holy City.
    May God bless and care for the Holy City of Charleston!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Now this is valuable information
    X sent out a notice that the official X bar is the Alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    X sent out a notice that the official X bar is the Alley.
    I’ll probably do The Alley on Thursday and Charleston Beer Works on Friday.