View Poll Results: Should My Original Post Have Been Closed Down?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 40.00%
  • No

9 60.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    Or our p#ssy-grabbing current President!?
    #FakeNews #BillyBushDidIt #WheresTheBlueDress?
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    What am I missing here? Aren't all the political discussions still allowed...just have been put in one thread called "Politics."

I didn't realize any discussions were shut down. Just moved to one thread.
    In the original post on this thread, I put a link to the thread that was shut down, and I asked a poll question on why that happened.

All the current threads were shut down, and all new postings on politics were now on the political thread. He explained it with this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    All political postings shall go here until further notice. When the aftermath cools down, perhaps we will go back to the old way.
    As far as I can tell, we never had further notice that the aftermath has cooled down and we can now go back to the old way. We never were advised what really happened, or why this change was needed at the time. That was the day after Trump got elected. It has been three years. I largely stopped posting on this forum and I was waiting for him to give the green light. Eventually I just gave up and went away. Turns out it was as good as a ban for me. I never got a suitable explanation. I am asking for one now. I think it killed this forum. It did for me.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Funny, you continually bitch about the violation of your 1st Amendment rights then criticize anybody that disagrees with you and PM them nasty comments or insult them here . I guess you expected 100% agreement with your post on a obscure (according to you) bb board while you were drunk. What I said was 100% true. Look it up. Sorry to post the facts. If you make a controversial post, you can expect some blowback. 1st Amendment. More than half the country doesn't see things your way. As Mulvaney sez "get over it". You said my post "had nothing to do with this thread". Duh. The thread was about Trump.
    1) I am not aware that I PM'ed you nasty comments. I don't think that I did that, and I deny that accusation. I think that you are incorrect.

2) This is a private forum, as such, the 1st Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America does not apply to a private forum. I don't think I was complaining about my 1st Amendment rights. If you can find me doing that, I was wrong and I will admit it.

3) This post was on a specific topic. Why was a particular thread shut down, and it posted a poll on what people thought. You actually voted in the poll. Perhaps you didn't understand the question. That would not surprise me.

4) I understand that other people do not think the same things that I think. That is part of the value to me of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Who says I don’t like Trump? Who says I like Clinton? You clearly don’t know me at all or my politics at all. I put all of the political discussion into one thread. No conspiracy here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It is true that I clearly don't know you or your politics at all. I think that is a true statement.

So please enlighten me on why you made the change? Trump got elected and you decided to close all political threads on the board (except one, which you started). At the time I think you intimated that it was "feedback" and people coming to you directly (as opposed to posting their opinions directly on the board). So all this time I have assumed that some people complained, and you simply caved in to their complaints to tell you the truth of how I feel I understand the issue. Is that true?

Let me be more specific.

1) The day after Trump got elected, did you come to the board and decide by yourself that it would be much better to shut down all of the political threads and consolidate them into one thread because of the recent election, and did you come to this decision without any outside input? (not likely in my imagination)

Or

2) The day after Trump got elected you were contacted by someone. That someone may or may not post on this forum. It may have been a few someones or a combination of the two (people who post here, people who do not) and asked to take down the political posts as it is an affront to have such hate spewed on a website that purports to represent a Jesuit institution.

After being contacted, you decided to close all the threads and consolidate them into one.

--------------------------------

Please choose which one is more applicable, and feel free to elaborate if you think it could clarify things. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    2 members online right now, and I am 1 of them. What a joke this has become.
    At 1:29am.

I'm just bumping this thread back up Sniper. :-)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

151 users online!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    At 1:29am.

I'm just bumping this thread back up Sniper. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    151 users online!
    Right now I get:

2 members and 113 guests
    Most users ever online was 3677, 10-03-2015 at 09:38 AM.

113 guests? Many bots. They don't contribute.

Right now is me and one other person on this forum.

It used to be different. Tale of the tape. This forum has suffered and it can't be denied.

Look how many votes this poll has gotten. There is nobody here.

I’m not surprised at 1:30 in the morning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook