Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Women picked to finish 8th in the Big East

https://goxavier.com/news/2019/10/10...east-team.aspx

It's better than 10th, which is where they have been picked the last 2 years. Hopefully this is the beginning of an upward trend under Coach Moore.

No need for a new thread....but if it was possible, our women's team has actually managed to get worse this year. Unless someone else in the Big East is just ungodly terrible, it's hard to see this team not on a mission for 10th at this point. Yikes.

Hope Coach Moore can recruit.

Supporting Member
    Ok I know zero about the womens basketball program outside of their record, but how the hell do they continue to be this bad and lose to the teams they lose to? I really dont see any valid excuse as to how they can be this terrible with the resources that are available. Not knocking moore as she is new and trying to clean up the mess, but how the heck die it get to this point of getting waxed by teams like rider, ball state and robert morris?

UCONN being added to the Big East should help a little with recruiting......but agree, its pretty much rock bottom right now

I am coming in from Chicago this weekend to make the Friday and Sunday WBB games. Go X! Went to a practice, saw the team, love the enthusiasm of coach Moore. Becoming competitive and then recruiting to begin to compete for Big East success is the expectation. We're going in the right direction. Come out, support the team. [ok, maybe I'll also watch the men take on UC on Saturday too].

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Ok I know zero about the womens basketball program outside of their record, but how the hell do they continue to be this bad and lose to the teams they lose to? I really dont see any valid excuse as to how they can be this terrible with the resources that are available. Not knocking moore as she is new and trying to clean up the mess, but how the heck die it get to this point of getting waxed by teams like rider, ball state and robert morris?
    for reasons no one will ever understand brian neal was allowed to lead this program for 6 years until he beat all semblance of respectability out of it

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    for reasons no one will ever understand brian neal was allowed to lead this program for 6 years until he beat all semblance of respectability out of it
    Little that has gone on with this program OTHER THAN hiring Coach Moore over the past 5-10 years has made sense. For instance: Why on earth are we playing road games against all of these mid- and low-major teams? Can you imagine the men's team playing at Robert Morris, Rider, or Ball State, let alone at all three in a two-week span?

Quote Originally Posted by HomerCecil View Post
    Why on earth are we playing road games against all of these mid- and low-major teams? Can you imagine the men's team playing at Robert Morris, Rider, or Ball State, let alone at all three in a two-week span?
    Had a chance to essentially ask the same question to Coach. Certainly a combination of new staff with the realities of what games were able to be scheduled but along with a very thoughtful and deliberate scheduling to enact the beginnings of a plan to become more competitive in the Big East (impact on scheduling next year, recruiting reasons, styles of play, building road toughness). I was very impressed at her vision and thought process.

Way too early to panic with the results and direction of this team. We don’t need UConn to help us recruit. Xavier University alone attracts top talent from around the tri-state area. We’ve had all-ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana players here over the past 6 years. No accountability on Neal or Greg Christopher has been the biggest breakdown on this program. It will take time to fix! Neal was allowed to degrade and break everyone of these talented (kids). I attended many games. I heard and witnessed Neal and his Staff running these kids down. Most of the players were miserable and didn’t have a great, let alone a good experience at Xavier. “Shameful” However, I do believe this Coach (Moore) cares about her kids experience and Quality of life while attending Xavier. That’s a huge step in the right direction allowing this program to move forward positively on and off the court. Go X!

Another heartbreaker for the Women today who lost by one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook