Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big East Pre-Season Predictions from Big East Media Day (Updated)

Link

X was picked to finish 3rd in the conference.
    Marshall was named to the 1st Team
    Scruggs was an honorable mention.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Akinjo over Scruggs? I guess Paul just has to be a lot more consistent. He doesn't show up every game from a scoring perspective but his defense does. I think he is going to put it all together from the jump and get in the 1st team conversation.....needs to channel the Nova BET game for the entire season!

Samuels over Jones? Not even close......Ty will be playing angry.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Only way Scruggs and Marshall both get 1st team is if X finishes first in conference standings. Jones will be honorable mention but I would be ecstatic if he is 1st or 2nd team. We shall see. I am not going to MM tomorrow. Please provide as much details as you can here.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Only way Scruggs and Marshall both get 1st team is if X finishes first in conference standings. Jones will be honorable mention but I would be ecstatic if he is 1st or 2nd team. We shall see. I am not going to MM tomorrow. Please provide as much details as you can here.
    You're in luck.....Madness is on the 18th.

Supporting Member
    Xuperman - I know we have had some good conversations about the NJ talent heading to Victory Parkway. We had pushed for Zfree's running mate Matt Zona to come next year but he did verbal to ND about a week ago.

"He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Are all four of them wearing exactly the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastXman View Post
    Xuperman - I know we have had some good conversations about the NJ talent heading to Victory Parkway. We had pushed for Zfree's running mate Matt Zona to come next year but he did verbal to ND about a week ago.
    Thanks EastCoast, I missed that....Zona is a good fit there. Still not understanding why so much energy was spent on Carlson when a fast rising 3 star like Matt was there for easy pickin's.

Anyway keep us informed on any CJ Wilcher news. How good is Roselle expected to be?

Supporting Member
    Roselle Catholic will probably be top 3-5 in NJ. In addition to CJ, they have Niels Lane and Cliff Omoruyi. Cliff probably heading to KY. CJ should have a great senior year experience. 2019-20 schedule is just starting to come out. Normally loaded with high level competition. Looks like RC is headed to Norcross, GA on 1/4 for the Cancer Research Classic. Maybe a possible date with Dwon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmxWVyElVr8

This attempt at a Big East Media Day compilation video had me cracking up.

Feels more like a blooper video of the event.

Keep watching Q's face (starting at 1:27) - while Naji is answering a question . It literally looks like he's been lobotomized.

Steve Lavin and the other BE media dude are seen continually nodding in many different ways throughout the video without either ever saying a word.

Then the DePaul coach was taking so long with his answer in his interview that apparently the interviewer (at 3:51) figured he'd start catching up on his text messages.

Later (at 4:47) there is some magnificent camerawork: framing Patrick Ewing so we're looking at the back and side of his head and only half of the face of the guy interviewing him.

And finally... gotta love the music track likely added in an attempt to make the interviews seem cooler, but instead it only fights with the audio, making it harder to hear what the heck anyone is saying.