Trevon Blueitt Plays for the 2020 NBA Champion Utah Jazz?

How did I miss this?

In July, New Orleans renounced his rights, and he signed with the Jazz in August, probably due to the trades the Pelicans made with the Lakers, and all that jazz, not to mention Tre got hurt in February, I really hope he can stick with the Jazz, he's been one of my favorite players to come through X, he had a solid summer league and I do think he can carve out a bench role to come in and add some spark.

Sophomore
    Does Tre realistically have any chance of making the Jazz? I hope he does, but I'd guess he is ear-marked for the G-League this year (same as JP, I fear, in Cleveland).

He missed their exhibition opener due to food poisoning, which is a bummer. The Jazz won by 50, and their best players all sat out the entire game. Would have been a nice opportunity for Tre to show them what he can do.

Sophomore
    it is so damn hard to make the NBA and I think many wonder if G league is worth it. ! Phil Booth looked awful in two summer league games I saw, and the Villanova 4 players drafted last year(Bridges et al) and Pacschall are hardly shoo ins. With Euro and African players in Euro leagues, plus one and does, you seem to get swallowed up into a swirl of very good players who are begging for a chance. Cartwright and other Prov players play in Hungary, and Kellan Martin who looked dominant is on a 2 way, Kryie Thomas doing nothing and the St Johns guys getting no real looks. Kris Jenkins, Ochefo..nowhere. Marcus Foster, Justin Patton? God only knows. Saw Struss play 5 min for Celtics..going g league. Big East is great basketball but maybe the "metrics" and athleticism just are not there. Strange as I see such high quality play in Big East and can't wait for this year. Maybe if I was a billionaire I would buy a team and only draft or trade for Big East players. They may go 10 and 72 but I would be happy. I stupidly thought that at least 50% of them would get a sniff of the NBA
    Last edited by whopper; 10-08-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Sophomore
    Max Strus being on the Celtics is the single most on-brand signing in the NBA in the last 5 years. Hilarious.

Trevon was waived by the Jazz, but it seems like he might catch on with their D-League squad.

Junior
    I'm not so sure making an NBA roster is so much hard as it is a matter of dumb luck. Living in an NBA city I am always amazed at the end of the bench on most rosters. Every team seems to have a guy that you look at and say "What the hell is he doing on a roster ? " It's just a matter of what the coach thinks he needs on the bench, or how the GM wants to spend the spare change allocated to the end of the bench. Or stockpiling some dufus that you think might be something in a few years or a goon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    Max Strus being on the Celtics is the single most on-brand signing in the NBA in the last 5 years. Hilarious.
    Maybe you never saw him do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vvjgbe6CSU