Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    It was a good win for sure but the shooting has been an issue since last year. If we don’t start hitting 3’s at a better percentage this team isn’t going to dance.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Who exactly is running the show on offense? Goodin is the point guard, but Naji has the ball in his hands half of the time. Throw in Scruggs who is also a point guard and it looks like they do not know who is supposed to being doing what.

All three can be brilliant at times, so how do they get those different parts to work together for something better?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I'm pumped for a really good season, and a return to the tournament in March.
    But I can't overcome a nagging suspicion that after 5 games a big hole is still needing to be filled...and I'm not sure we have the people to fill it.

Last year we were 234th of 353 teams in 3 pt % at 33.3%.
    That was with Welage at 42 and Hardin at 35.
    Only Scruggs of current players was over 30.

They moved the line back a foot and a half, and we are 331 in the country, against relatively weaker defenses than we'll face in the BE.
    We're shooting 25% from 3.

In today's game that could be a killer, despite our tenacious defense.
    My optimism for the season is tempered by this reality, and I'm hoping it improves very, very soon.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

If other, better defensive teams are guarding against the three, that would seem necessitate us shooting better. That would be a good thing. Also, if the are out guarding the outside, it would likely open up the middle more.

In theory.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

HOT TAKE: Zach 'Nuke' Freemantle is the white guy everyone else is going to hate.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Boy, after that last night (this morning). I could not sleep until roughly 3am
    X had a wonderful defense and EVERY player is fronting opponents and face guarding shooter close even after screens.
    Hands up always and solid rebounding.
    X's offense is picking up steam as X is hitting 3 pointers at a better range than 30%. Very happy Tyrique had only cramps (Steele said he had a sprained ankle during the post game 55krc show.

It is not fair to compare but just like Virginia, X is relying on shutting down as best they can other's offense.

Look at kenpom and look at the top 15 defenses.
    Every defensive team is a major basketball program with one exception; Missouri.

X is in rock solid defensive shape. X won an ugly scrappy game. Frosh will grow up faster due to those extra minutes played. Ky Ky told me that he already knows X's system. We shall see.