Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    what does forbidding mean? maybe it means something other than foreboding and he used it intentionally
    Unfriendly or threatening, which is the context I've always heard it used in. Seems like a stretch in this case, not that our non-con is Cupcake City, but "forbidding" seems like a reach.

Unfriendly to season ticket holders perhaps. Certainly not threatening to our W-L record.

If you didn't know anything about the teams and their current makeup, a non-con of Mizzou, possibly UCONN and Florida, UC, Wake Forest, and TCU doesn't SOUND easy.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

The schedule is great for a team with some new pieces being inserted once again. I'm fine with it.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    If you didn't know anything about the teams and their current makeup, a non-con of Mizzou, possibly UCONN and Florida, UC, Wake Forest, and TCU doesn't SOUND easy.
    On paper, Florida, UC and UConn are good tests. The rest are weak (On paper) but have name recognition and play in good conferences. .

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    The schedule is great for a team with some new pieces being inserted once again. I'm fine with it.
    Agree fully, I think they have scheduled perfectly. My issue, and to be honest, mostly being flippant, was in the verbiage that ESPN chose to use to describe it.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    On paper, Florida, UC and UConn are good tests. The rest are weak (On paper) but have name recognition and play in good conferences. .
    Mizzou should be decent and tcu will be solid with Jamie dixon

Five teams who missed the NCAA Tournament last season but could make a March Madness run in 2020

Two Big East teams on the list (hopefully you can guess at least one).

Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    Five teams who missed the NCAA Tournament last season but could make a March Madness run in 2020

Two Big East teams on the list (hopefully you can guess at least one).
    Wow, He's really high on X.

I think most of us feel confident X could be very good this year. I'm just a little surprised a writer not affiliated with X thinks X could be that good too.

I'm sure most everyone has seen the #TheArrival series that @XavierBasketball has done on Twitter over the previous month, where each Friday they have about a 7 minute mini-movie for each of the freshman arriving this year... but if you haven't then it's well worth catching up on. Zach Freemantle's story was released today, Daniel Ramsey's was last Friday, Dahmir Bishop and Deonte Miles were before that. Final one next Friday is KyKy. Anyway... I've found these things are REALLY well done. Props to the crew putting these together. Interviewing coaches, parents, family, friends and barbers! Really high character kids, each one has not always been the superstar but put in the effort to end up pretty highly ranked by the time they committed. It's really a testament to the coaching staff finding and recruiting young men that fit the Xavier mold. Not always the superstar but they possess the internal drive to improve and the unrelenting quest to succeed on and off the court.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.