Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

2019-20 Xavier Basketball Season News

Tip off time gets closer every month.
    I miss having Shannon write up the Muskies in the Enquirer, so got the Athletic subscription to read her thoughts, and others who have left papers/stations and now write there.

She has a lengthy article dissecting Team 98, player by player, with good commentary on all facets of what the team faces in the coming year.
    She notes our two biggest challenges from last year, with thoughts on how they will be addressed.

Can Xavier curb self-destructive habits from last season, including its abundance of turnovers and dangerous allowance of catch-and-shoot 3-pointers?
    Well worth the read if you have a subscription and are craving for some basketball news during September.

https://theathletic.com/1172657/2019...ce=weeklyemail
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Shannon’s coverage of Xavier is the only reason I pay for The Athletic. Well worth it the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I love the Athletic. Shannon does a great job, but their soccer coverage is also very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

While I appreciate being on this list, I'm pretty sure our school was founded before 1900.

https://fansided.com/2019/09/11/coll...-advantages/8/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    While I appreciate being on this list, I'm pretty sure our school was founded before 1900.

https://fansided.com/2019/09/11/coll...-advantages/8/

Xavier was founded in 1831. Cintas Center opened in "00" (as in 2000)

Quote Originally Posted by deepX View Post
    Xavier was founded in 1831. Cintas Center opened in "00" (as in 2000)
    Yes, but the article states : "The arena was built in 2000 thanks to plenty of private donations to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Xavier, and the basketball team quickly grew to love its new digs."

100 years earlier than 2000 was 1900 not 1831.

2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    A) I'm not sure I'd refer to our pre-Big East schedule as "a forbidding non-conference schedule...", but okay.
    B) I think we will be Top 10-15 team in November and December, and then a few close games in late December / early January could give us the chance to jump into the Top 10.
    C) As pessimistic as I was a year ago based on that roster and other factors, I'm that bullish on the team this year. I could see 26-5 in the regular season, which would position them for quite a fun March!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    Yes, but the article states : "The arena was built in 2000 thanks to plenty of private donations to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Xavier, and the basketball team quickly grew to love its new digs."

100 years earlier than 2000 was 1900 not 1831.
    169th anniversary doesn't sound as good

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    A) I'm not sure I'd refer to our pre-Big East schedule as "a forbidding non-conference schedule...", but okay.
    B) I think we will be Top 10-15 team in November and December, and then a few close games in late December / early January could give us the chance to jump into the Top 10.
    C) As pessimistic as I was a year ago based on that roster and other factors, I'm that bullish on the team this year. I could see 26-5 in the regular season, which would position them for quite a fun March!
    what does forbidding mean? maybe it means something other than foreboding and he used it intentionally