Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Winning Streak

  1. #1
    Sophomore IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,202

    Winning Streak

    Yes X dropped two spots in the polls despite winning both games this week.
    Officially they are now on a 2 game winning streak.

    How far can they go before the come up short?
    Last edited by IM4X; 11-12-2019 at 02:17 AM.

  2. #2
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    8,950
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Not sure if it has been posted but...

    Noticed X went down two spots in the AP poll after handling their only two opponents somewhat easily this past week.

    I do not recall that happening too often.

    As disrespectful as it may seem, it might actually help this team realize that sometimes in order to get respect you need to keep stepping it up a notch until you have removed all doubt- making those doubters look foolish for doubting you.
    Maybe it will inspire us to learn to shoot better?

    A couple teams behinds us had nice wins. Happens this time of year. I thought we were “pleasantly high” in the rankings to start with until we prove ourselves.

  3. #3
    Sophomore IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Maybe it will inspire us to learn to shoot better?

    A couple teams behinds us had nice wins. Happens this time of year. I thought we were “pleasantly high” in the rankings to start with until we prove ourselves.
    Yes... Maybe some of them saw Naji’s 3 point shooting percentage and thought there was no way X can stay a top 25 team. It should help light a fire under these guys.

    I guess if X keeps winning it won’t matter- they’ll move back up again. Florida lost by 12 to an unranked FSU team and still stays ahead of X. Go figure.


    Note: I changed this thread to be about streaks because I saw that one already existed about the 19-20 rankings.

    How long do you think X can go before they lose their first game?
    Last edited by IM4X; 11-12-2019 at 02:09 AM.

  4. #4
    Supporting Member UCGRAD4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Yes... Maybe some of them saw Naji’s 3 point shooting percentage and thought there was no way X can stay a top 25 team. It should help light a fire under these guys.

    I guess if X keeps winning it won’t matter- they’ll move back up again. Florida lost by 12 to an unranked FSU team and still stays ahead of X. Go figure.


    Note: I changed this thread to be about streaks because I saw that one already existed about the 19-20 rankings.

    How long do you think X can go before they lose their first game?

    2024
    “Tequila is not even a drink; it’s a way for having the cops around without using a phone.” – Dylan Moran

  5. #5
    Sophomore Xuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,160
    If Tilmon is allowed to dominate the paint like last year, it will end tonight. Guy is now listed at 6’10” 260. Tyrique has had nearly a year to think about getting even for last years debacle, so time to break out the popcorn.

    BTW- Their guards are also big and physical. If Paul can’t go, I think it’s a toss up.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

  6. #6
    Sophomore IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,202
    Looks like Scruggs will likely be playing.

    I too am concerned about the big fella from Missouri. Apparently though he can sometimes get into foul trouble easily. Let’s hope we can make that happen.
    It sure would be a nice game to be able to use Miles and his lengt mhm against him. Too bad he’s redshirting.

    If they can get past Missouri, I could see a steak of 10 games as very doable.

  7. #7
    Sophomore IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    2024
    Win until 2024 or win 20-24 games.
    Either way, I’m good with it.

  8. #8
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Looks like Scruggs will likely be playing.

    I too am concerned about the big fella from Missouri. Apparently though he can sometimes get into foul trouble easily. Let’s hope we can make that happen.
    It sure would be a nice game to be able to use Miles and his lengt mhm against him. Too bad he’s redshirting.

    If they can get past Missouri, I could see a steak of 10 games as very doable.
    Nope. Miles has been pushed around by everyone he's played against. Pushed around by old guys in Spain and pushed around by D2 Indy. He would have no shot at stopping Tilmon down low if he were out there.

  9. #9
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    27,153
    Streeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkk

  10. #10
    Sophomore Xuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,160
    If this thread doesn't flat line by New Years Day, X Nation will be orgasmic like young girls at a Shawn Mendez concert!!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •