Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JAPER View Post
    Off topic:

Whatever happened to our return visit to Utah from the 2016-17 season?
    Our return game will not happen, Gavitt Game was in conflict last year. We bought out the return.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

I Love Naji Marshall, let me make that clear... BUT...

Naji HAS to stop shooting SO MANY 3 Pointers. The dude is 1-11 through two games!! That is 9, NINE freaking percent!! That by any measure is abjectly awful..and it's AT HOME in his own gym where he practiced all summer. Please stop with that. Those are too many empty possessions and against good teams, we won't always get the rebound. Somebody has to reel him in. He is NOT a good shooter from deep- shooting 27.7% from 3 last year.

I know that Travis doesn't want to dump on his guys, but Naji has to be reined in- He's shot the most 3's on the team and been the least successful- especially when there are other, better shooters on this team. C'mon, man, defer somewhat!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post

Naji HAS to stop shooting SO MANY 3 Pointers. The dude is 1-11 through two games!! That is 9, NINE freaking percent!! That by any measure is abjectly awful..and it's AT HOME in his own gym where he practiced all summer. Please stop with that. Those are too many empty possessions and against good teams, we won't always get the rebound. Somebody has to reel him in. He is NOT a good shooter from deep- shooting 27.7% from 3 last year.

I know that Travis doesn't want to dump on his guys, but Naji has to be reined in- He's shot the most 3's on the team and been the least successful- especially when there are other, better shooters on this team. C'mon, man, defer somewhat!!
    Two of them were at least 5 feet behind the new line...super optimistic.

Why is Tyrique wearing #4?

(and Naji just took another 25 footer)
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Why is Tyrique wearing #4?

(and Naji just took another 25 footer)
    I expected some deep meaning why Rique would change numbers. I anticipated "I came in with 0 experience, and now I am a 4 year guy" or "my wife was carrying my son when I started my career, and now he is 4 years old".

But at one of the early games, I heard one of the freshman asked him for the #0 (had to be Ramsey, obviously) and he just gave it to him. I don't know if this is a true story or rumor. But it seems he changed his number for some reason, and it seems that reason isn't public knowledge yet.

Oh, and Naji needs to STOP shooting so many 3's!!!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

There couldn’t be a better litmus test for Team 98 than this Missouri game. This match up features several key factors in surveying where we stand now and a excellent indicator of what we have going forward.

1) Obviously they hammered us good last year. The personnel is basically the same, so we’ll see if a 1st year Coach learned from it and can make the necessary adjustments. 2) How much of a “payback” mentality does the Core 4 have? Plenty of wrongs to be righted on the horizon. 3) The Tigers are a physical/athletic P6 TEAM that mirrors what we’ll see in the BEast every game. Can we show clear separation from a good SEC team? 3) Vegas has the line dangerously close to a toss up considering our history, non conference, at Cintas. We’ll get a good idea of how we will take advantage of home court come 2020 when it really counts. 4) Will Zach and Dahmir prove themselves ready for prime time and continue to produce when playing against High D1 competition? 5) Will the dog barking spread beyond the student section?

All these very important factors will be on display tonight. Here’s to hoping ALL the boxes are checked on the positive side. It’s SHOWTIME!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post

They can't move that 3pt line back far enough to stop Naji and Q from shooting 3's.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Even Forrest Gump had the student section tell him when to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    There couldn’t be a better litmus test for Team 98 than this Missouri game. This match up features several key factors in surveying where we stand now and a excellent indicator of what we have going forward.

1) Obviously they hammered us good last year. The personnel is basically the same, so we’ll see if a 1st year Coach learned from it and can make the necessary adjustments. 2) How much of a “payback” mentality does the Core 4 have? Plenty of wrongs to be righted on the horizon. 3) The Tigers are a physical/athletic P6 TEAM that mirrors what we’ll see in the BEast every game. Can we show clear separation from a good SEC team? 3) Vegas has the line dangerously close to a toss up considering our history, non conference, at Cintas. We’ll get a good idea of how we will take advantage of home court come 2020 when it really counts. 4) Will Zach and Dahmir prove themselves ready for prime time and continue to produce when playing against High D1 competition? 5) Will the dog barking spread beyond the student section?

All these very important factors will be on display tonight. Here’s to hoping ALL the boxes are checked on the positive side. It’s SHOWTIME!!
    Not one box checked.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Not one box checked.
    Zach played well. Missouri won't mirror that many big east teams. Not a lot of teams other than Villanova will be as physical or good defensively as missouri. they match up better with us physically than most teams in the big east. this was a good win.